B
benedictgal
Guest
I also wrote the General Intercessions, complied the worship aides (English and Spanish), worked with the lectors, get everyone on the same page and made sure that the music was in order. And, it was not just one language, another was involved and that carried its own set of issues. All my rector, or, in some cases, the bishop, had to do was step into his vestments and celebrate the Mass.Not the same thing.
No tone.
Just not the same thing. I plan liturgies. I talk with my priests. I work hard. I also am the musician.
There’s more to it. Not the same thing.
Yes, I know that there is more to it. I was exhausted week in and week out. Don’t think that others work harder than you do or do less than you do. From my end, there is more to it, not just being a musician.
There is also a lot of quality control. That is what I am getting at regarding the ilicit psalms being used. There has to be a stop-gap mechanism. Even the publishing house needs to be held accountable. They are the ones who market the stuff. Unfortunately, there are some who will just assume that everythinig is okay ahd not challenge what is put forth in front of them. Even worse will be those who knowingly realize that the publishing house is in violation of the norms and will still choose to use the ilicit stuff anyway. I believe that this is the point that pnewton was trying to make before he was mischaracterized. Bear in mind that willfully going against the norms that the Church dictates is wrong and is a sin. Ascenting to such action makes the person just as culpable.
Responsible folks in charge of planning liturgies, whether they be Vespers or full-blown diocesan Masses need to be up on the authoritative documents of the Church and make sure that what is set forth before them is fitting for use. The buck has to stop with someone, since, obviously, it is not happening wth the publishing company.