Psychics, witchcraft, intuitives

• Thread starter Thread starter GreatIgloo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to echo another poster and say it is foolish, for one of two reasons - either because it may be fake or because it may be real. The first reason it is foolish is because it may just be all a fraud and a fake. The second reason is it may not be faked. It may actually be happening, there may be a power behind the “enlightenment”. If the power is not specifically by and through Jesus Christ, then that power is coming from Satan. And you have no business messing with anything that he is controlling. You’re way out of your league. So for either reason (either fake or real), run, don’t walk to the nearest exit.

This thread reminded me of the episode between Paul and a slave-girl who had a spirit of divination (Acts 16:16-19). And money-making figured big for her owners. But an actual demon was cast out of her. So flee. Have nothing to do with this.

Well, I wonder what do you mean by “consulting.” Does consulting mean paying someone who says they are in connection with “spirit” and can give you the answers you want on demand? Because that’s not something I would do. That’s not something I would do because you can’t be assured of the source of the “knowledge.” I am probably what people would call “intuitive.” I was born this way and frankly, the information I receive is usually pretty much spot on, but I can tell you that it’s not something that can be “done” consistently because it’s not something you “do” it’s something you “receive.” To clarify, it is not a power. 🤷‍♂️ So someone who does it on demand for money is either making it up, dealing with something other than “intuitiveness,” or they know how to access your subconscious at their whim. None of those is a great option for me, (or anyone else, really) so I avoid them.

I align my psychic definition with my intuitive definition. I’ve had people assert that I’m “psychic.” But as I said above, it’s not a “power.” It’s just something that happens sometimes. I usually keep it to myself unless I feel an urge to inform the person, and even then I only share if they are open to the information. I usually have to know them quite well, because otherwise the knowledge can be invasive or ill-received. If someone asks me for my thoughts on something I am very sure to tell them that I don’t KNOW if my response is accurate or not and that they have to test it against their situation and discern it with God before acting. Telling the future isn’t actually a thing because of the constant shifting of infinite possibilities, so anyone who claims to do this and it actually works is lucky or not dealing with intuition.

I wouldn’t consult a wiccan. They deal in power dynamics and that isn’t for me. Not simply because I don’t trust people with a lust for power, but also because I don’t believe it’s innocent fun. The spirit world is real and is as chock-full of pitfalls as any huge city.

I know and associate with people of all of these categories, but I don’t seek them out, it just happens. The wiccans and spiritualists I tend to be leery of, but I do have one in my personal social bubble. She was raised wiccan, but doesn’t practice. I’ve learned a lot from her.

Hope that answers your question!

Personally I wouldn’t consult a psychic or a wiccan because I don’t believe they have any real powers. I’ve never heard of an “intuitive” before.

As for if I’d be friends with one, I think I’d be fine being friends with a Wiccan if they were otherwise a decent person. I’d be more hesitant to befriend a psychic because that whole industry seems exploitative. I’ve heard a lot of stories of how psychics use Cold Reading (making vague guesses about a room) or Hot Reading (researching their client beforehand) to get their answers.

Why is it “spiritually dangerous” and “a sin”?
Nursing home chaplain here (not a priest but a Reformed minister).

I am sometimes asked for exorcisms by elderly people who got more or less deeply involved with that kind of things, or with New Age-type practices, earlier in their lives. The damaging effects are real, as is their suffering as a consequence, and their fear for their soul as the perspective of death gets nearer.

Don’t do it.

I’m on friendly terms with people who are New Age “healers”, but I certainly wouldn’t consult them.
The spirit world is real and is as chock-full of pitfalls as any huge city.
Yes.

do you think of consulting an “intuitive” for spiritual advice? What about someone who calls themselves a psychic or
[
What does Romans 1:27 mean? -

Romans 1:27, NIV: "In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful …

Numbers 11:27:29

A young man ran and told Moses, “Eldad and Medad are prophesying in the camp.”

28 Joshua son of Nun,[ who had been Moses’ aid since youth, spoke up and said, “Moses, my lord, stop them!”

29 But Moses replied, “Are you jealous for my sake?
I wish that all theLord’s people were prophets

Or as saint Paul said in acts 19

19 While Apollos
was at Corinth,(Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus.

There he found some disciples

2 and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”

They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

3 So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”

“John’s baptism,” they replied.

4 Paul said, “John’s baptism.
was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus

5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.

This is similar to what occurred in 1 samual 19:19-24

[
Samuel 19:24 - Meaning and Commentary on Bible Verse

1 Samuel 19:24 · And he stripped off his clothes also · and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, · and lay down: · naked all that day, and all that night; · wherefore

Last edited:
I don’t consider modern wiccans to be satanic but nor do I believe they have any particular insight toward anything I might want to know.

We all have intuition to some degree and I would have no problem asking for advice of someone whom I knew to be particularly insightful, or simply have a greater fount of wisdom than I on which to draw.

Psychics are a different kettle of fish altogether and I do believe the ones I know are honest and sincere, though I have not sought them out for their trade craft. I don’t believe what they do is anything for the devout Christian to fear but perhaps is best kept at arms’ length. The best one whom I know personally would never suggest that anything she feels or says should be used to make life changing decisions but offers her skills only for the interest of the person making inquiries. She is most understanding to the skepticism involved and does not make her living doing this.

One other realm you didn’t mention but which I briefly will involves horoscopes and astrology. I read my horoscope in the newspaper regularly, but only to marvel at how laughably incorrect it always is. That one I put no stock in whatsoever.

Blessings, CW 🙂

Honestly, I may think that they’re awesome at the first time. But that’s still a sin to consult a witch or mediums because God is the only one who can decide our fate or destiny. This kind of people can’t actually do anything besides saying your future and puffing some smokes while shaking their money and stroking their crystal balls. I knew a lot of mediums and they’re not successful when it comes to business, though they’re claiming that they can help to make your future better. They would just say rubbish things and end up with nothing. God is still the Divine Author of our lives and each chapter on it would be based upon His Will. So these people, I don’t think that they can help me and I shouldn’t deal with them.

At some point, they still deserve our respect, they’re also human beings but to say that they should stop acting like they’re the one who holds our future and they know how it will be. It’s just a lost of money if you’ll ever try to deal with them and they would make you believe of the superstitions that they themselves had made.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back