Punk Rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter spec110
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spec110

Guest
Anybody into punk rock? Or know of a any good Catholic/Cristian punk bands?
 
Christian punk…what is that an oxymoron? No, no, only kidding.

I haven’t heard any Christian/Catholic punk and that’s probably a good thing because I think I’d hate it.

As for other punk bands, I like the Minutemen and the Libertines, notably.
 
raises hand I listen to punk. Thats mostly what I listen to. The only real metal I like is Motorhead and old Metallica.
 
Do bands from all over Latin America count? Cos I have a fair number of records from over there with God on the thank you lists, and it’s safe to assume, given the demographics of those countries, that most of them are Catholics. Or do you only want bands that explicitly reference Catholic themes? That’s probably more difficult, since religion and punk rock tend to go together like oil and water (despite the fact that lots of individuals within it have been Christians).

There’s also eastern European bands who you can assume are mostly Orthodox, like the classic “Pekinška Patka” (Peking Duck) from Serbia who skirted trouble with the atheistically-minded communist authorities back in the late 70s/early 80s by declaring themselves “The first Orthodox punk band”! 👍 Check them out: Pekinška Patka “Bela šljiva”
(audio from their 1979 demo tape; video from a show in some sort of shopping mall!)
 
Dropkick Murphys, nothin better.

I listen to quite a lot of Punk…The Ramones, The Clash, The Offspring, but mostly irish punk like DKM, Flogging Molly, The Pogues, The Tossers and the like.
 
I’m partial to the Sex Pistols, the Ramones, Bad Brains, New York Dolls, Richard Hell, the Stooges, MC5, art punk (along the lines of Talking Heads), and of course, the Clash. Between London Calling and Give 'Em Enough Rope (hugely underrated, IMO), my life has been permanently changed.
 
Don’t know of any Christian punk bands, it’s sort of an oxymoron.

Some good bands are Bad Brains, Fugazi, The Locust, At The Drive-In

The Locust are one of the few bands these days that are actually punk, they pretty much embody the meaning. Here’s a video youtube.com/watch?v=XIOgtBE7eUQ

excuse the bad sound quality, it’s only a bootleg. But they are also very experimental and I don’t think many (or anyone) here will like it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top