I
IanM
Guest
I recently came across a very interesting Tweet from a Leila Marie Lawler which read:
"The Biden Event exposes the abandonment of the Three-Fold Way in the Catholic Church.
Purgative, Illuminative, Unitive – what are those?
No one seems to know or remember"
I had to admit that I was in the former category. I noticed that further in the thread reference was made to a book that was apparently formerly mandatory reading for seminarians. It was " The Spiritual Life" by Aldolphe Tanqueray, available here: The Spiritual Life: A Treatise on Ascetical and Mystical Theology: Very Rev. Adolphe Tanqueray S.S.D.D.: 9781626540880: Amazon.com: Books
I have started to read this and it is truly wonderful and very helpful for laity and clergy alike in seeking guidance and help when facing life`s challenges. The book is rather expensive, but can also be read on line or downoladed free in a variety of formats here:
Please consider taking a look.
"The Biden Event exposes the abandonment of the Three-Fold Way in the Catholic Church.
Purgative, Illuminative, Unitive – what are those?
No one seems to know or remember"
I had to admit that I was in the former category. I noticed that further in the thread reference was made to a book that was apparently formerly mandatory reading for seminarians. It was " The Spiritual Life" by Aldolphe Tanqueray, available here: The Spiritual Life: A Treatise on Ascetical and Mystical Theology: Very Rev. Adolphe Tanqueray S.S.D.D.: 9781626540880: Amazon.com: Books
I have started to read this and it is truly wonderful and very helpful for laity and clergy alike in seeking guidance and help when facing life`s challenges. The book is rather expensive, but can also be read on line or downoladed free in a variety of formats here:
Please consider taking a look.