B
BigRedpg51
Guest
Purgatory is just like hell…but with hope. It’s not a quiet little rest home where we wait around until the “Heaven Train” pulls up and we get on board. It is a place of purification where we suffer, terribly, for as much time as it takes…or I should say, for as much intensity as it takes (since there is no ‘time’ outside this earthly life).
At death we will know, without any doubt, what Jesus did for us. Then, we will be asked to choose…Jesus, or hell. Those not deemed worthy of hell because of their acceptance of Jesus’ sacrifice for them – and yet not worthy of Heaven because of the temporal effects of sin still in their souls – will be sent to Purgatory post haste. They will not want to go to Heaven because they will see for themselves how far they fall short of the purity and total love of God. They will make their own statement to God of their unworthiness, and God in His infinite mercy will allow them to be purified by the hellish tortures of self-recrimination and the pains of fire. They will, however, have hope and assurance that at one point in their purification – when all their sins have been paid for – they WILL go to Heaven. In hell…there is no hope.
Although Purgatory is a painful and somewhat scary process…it is, ultimately, a mercy from God. Even though we most likely will not be totally purified when we die, God provides a means for us to become so. Only then will we be able to enter into the perfection of Heaven.
I’m sorry if I’ve blown anybody’s bubble…but it’s better to deal with the reality now, and plan to avoid it…then to become lax and figure "Oh, I’m a good person and God loves me. When I die I’ll go to Heaven."
At death we will know, without any doubt, what Jesus did for us. Then, we will be asked to choose…Jesus, or hell. Those not deemed worthy of hell because of their acceptance of Jesus’ sacrifice for them – and yet not worthy of Heaven because of the temporal effects of sin still in their souls – will be sent to Purgatory post haste. They will not want to go to Heaven because they will see for themselves how far they fall short of the purity and total love of God. They will make their own statement to God of their unworthiness, and God in His infinite mercy will allow them to be purified by the hellish tortures of self-recrimination and the pains of fire. They will, however, have hope and assurance that at one point in their purification – when all their sins have been paid for – they WILL go to Heaven. In hell…there is no hope.
Although Purgatory is a painful and somewhat scary process…it is, ultimately, a mercy from God. Even though we most likely will not be totally purified when we die, God provides a means for us to become so. Only then will we be able to enter into the perfection of Heaven.
I’m sorry if I’ve blown anybody’s bubble…but it’s better to deal with the reality now, and plan to avoid it…then to become lax and figure "Oh, I’m a good person and God loves me. When I die I’ll go to Heaven."