Quantaum physics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter peter46
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter46

Guest
Hello everyone, I was having an interesting conversation with DW today. One of the few conversations I have been able to have with her since our separation. She was telling me about a documentary that she saw on quantaum physics, and how it talked about how the molecular structure of diferrent types of water are. For example: Holy water, regular water, blessed water.

Well anyways she was saying how much she liked it, and how it kind of proves religion to be true. I don’t know much about this subject, so if anyone on here has ever studied this subject I would appreciate any info on this.
 
I think the entire idea of quantum physics is “probability” and “likelihood.” I don’t think science could ever “prove” religion to be true but merely demonstrate that religion cannot be proved against.
 
The molecular structure of holy water? Something like HOH or H-2-O, I believe. Man, I wish my priest would quit messing around with those molecules.
 
If you changed the molecular structure of Holy Water, it wouldn’t really be WATER anymore…
 
I don’t know anything about it, and I know my DW doesn’t know much about it. That’s why I was hoping that someone here could help me understand what this deals with.

My wife and I were both good in science and I especially in chemistry. So I know what you are saying about if you change the molecular structure of water it won’t be water. I know that.

But if anyone knows anything please help me understand what this deals with.
 
I call pseudoscience.

Was the show “What the #$*! do we know”? Unfortunately that show deals more with duping people into believing far fetched claims then in actual quantum physics. The simple fact is water is water is water and no amount of blessing, diluting or spell chanting will change the structure.

You can change the structure of bulk amounts of water by changing the temperature or pressure. This will affect the bonds between individual water molecules and therefore the structure of bulk quantity of water, but not the structure of the individual water molecules.
 
Was the show “What the #$*! do we know”?
I was just about to ask the same thing - I’d be careful around these movies. They’re riddled with New Age philosophies and they try to promote the teachings of a woman who claims to be the channel for a 35,000 year old warrior named ‘Ramtha’ (who, incidentally, fought against the Atlantians)…now if that doesn’t raise some red flags, I don’t know what will. :rolleyes:
 
I don’t know anything about it, and I know my DW doesn’t know much about it. That’s why I was hoping that someone here could help me understand what this deals with.

My wife and I were both good in science and I especially in chemistry. So I know what you are saying about if you change the molecular structure of water it won’t be water. I know that.

But if anyone knows anything please help me understand what this deals with.
This deals primarily with Zen Buddhist holy water. Though there have been unsubstantiated claims to molecular change (asserted as being caused by miracle, akin to some of the Eucharist miracles, but not the realm of science), most of this falls into the writings of Fritjof Capra about Zen Buddhist chants producing octopolar patterns in water contained in a circular basin (a pattern more easily reproduced with a petre dish, speaker, and frequency driver). And then he relates this to the structure of quantum gravity (gravitons produce octopole radiation).

I hope this helps (and any other insight would be welcome).
 
I was just about to ask the same thing - I’d be careful around these movies. They’re riddled with New Age philosophies and they try to promote the teachings of a woman who claims to be the channel for a 35,000 year old warrior named ‘Ramtha’ (who, incidentally, fought against the Atlantians)…now if that doesn’t raise some red flags, I don’t know what will. :rolleyes:
well this is exactly why i am writing. it was raising some red flags as she was talking to me. i just didn’t know how to respond.
 
There is H2O (water), D2O (heavy water), H2O2 (oxygenated water or hydrogen peroxide). No serious scientist will believe in a different composition for holy water.

There is a lot of that kind of pseudo-science similar to the one associated with homeopathy. This is a lot of intellectual garbage for people that do not want to spend any time to study either science or religion.

By the way, quantum physics is just the simplest model of the behaviors observed in nature, like any physical law. There is nothing intrinsically true about having the simplest model.
 
It should also be noted that the majority of work in quantum concerns only individual particles, and, occasionally, particle systems not characterized by bonded particles, but by currents. And, yes, quantum physics at its heart is only trying to explain probability waves and vectors. Nothing is entirely certain in quantum, other than nonintuitivity.:rolleyes:
 
I really have no idea what kind of show it was, but maybe they were talking about “heavy water” which contains deuterium (a form of hydrogen that has a neutron in the nucleus).
 
The molecular structure of holy water? Something like HOH or H-2-O, I believe. Man, I wish my priest would quit messing around with those molecules.
I’m surprised no one’s cracked the H2OLY joke. As bad as it is.

And I would say that it’s unlikely that water would be changed in the form of its accidents. I don’t know how one would measure it either.

-Prophesy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top