Quantity of prayers

  • Thread starter Thread starter vtech2009
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vtech2009

Guest
Do you think the quantity of prayers makes a difference? Is it better to pray everyday for 30 minutes, than once a week? Does more prayer bring us closer to God?
 
Do you think the quantity of prayers makes a difference? Is it better to pray everyday for 30 minutes, than once a week? Does more prayer bring us closer to God?
I believe that St Paul commands us to be in continuous prayer.
 
Do you think the quantity of prayers makes a difference? Is it better to pray everyday for 30 minutes, than once a week? Does more prayer bring us closer to God?
IMHO, the more, the better. But, I think quality over quantity might be a good thing, too. It’s always a good practice to pray every day, even if it’s just for a few minutes. One Rosary can be said in 15-20 minutes. But, we shouldn’t just say the prayers as fast as possible, to finish it. The most important part of saying the Rosary, is meditating on the Mysteries.

Even if we just have enough time to say one Our Father, three Hail Mary’s and a Glory Be, a couple of times a day (morning and night?), it can definitely bring us closer to God. Even during the day you could occasionally say, “Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you, save souls.” Or, just “Jesus, I love you!”. You certainly don’t have to say them out loud. You can just say them in your mind (so people don’t look at you funny :p).
 
Do you think the quantity of prayers makes a difference? Is it better to pray everyday for 30 minutes, than once a week? Does more prayer bring us closer to God?
You can also think of everything you do as a continual prayer.
 
If you want to run the marathon you would have to train a lot at long distances not just a couple of sprints here and there.

Quality + Quantity.
 
If you want to run the marathon you would have to train a lot at long distances not just a couple of sprints here and there.

Quality + Quantity.
Exactly. I’m just a poor sinner, but I spend a total of about 2 1/2 hours per day in prayer, including a 1.5 hour or so block right before bed. That includes the Scriptural Way of the Cross, two sets of Rosary Mysteries, several Divine Mercy Chaplets, the Chaplet to St. Michael, and numerous other short prayers.

I see is is ‘spiritual body building’. Building spiritual muscle, and coming as close as possible to the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, and also to the Holy family.

Spiritual reading is also quite important, and I have been falling behind on that.
 
Pray daily and Pray often. Sometimes short prayers are better than long prayers. Each moment is different.

Here are some sources for you:

frjacquesphilippe.com/books

Time for God and Thirsting for Prayer
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top