A
Allegra
Guest
My aunts have been engaging in a sequence of behavior that can only be called a fued. They can’t be around each other for any length of time. They can’t enjoy family functions. They bicker at each other on public online forums. They both consider their side of the issue at hand to be with-out-a-doubt the only moral position to hold. To hold the opposite position is immoral, irresponsible, abusive to children, and should be illegal. In my oppinion, the question at hand is a matter of preference and prudence and not even remotely a moral question. I’m not aware of any court or religious body that has ever taken a stand one way or another. So, my question is, should I say something. I feel like saying, “You two are sisters in law. You’re both grown ups. Your kids are grown ups. You did your best with the information and experience you had at the time. What’s done is done. So don’t let it ruin your lives and your family’s lives.” I think that one of my aunts would probably listen to me, while the other would probably blow me off as not being able to understand. Should I just remain silent and stare into my cranberries this holiday season?