S
SalesianSDB
Guest
I saw Pulp Fiction for the first time recently and I liked it a lot (though I prefer Inglourious Basterds). Something that I love about Tarantino from the movies of his that I’ve seen so far (Pulp Fiction, Basterds, Reservoir Dogs) is the dialogue. Trantino does a great job at writing believable conversations is a genius when it comes to his writing. As someone who enjoys writing screenplays, I find Tarantino’s writing to be one of the best I’ve seen in films.
But I digress.
I saw Pulp Fiction and there are two or three parts in the film where the character Jules, played by Samuel L. Jackson, quotes a verse from the Bible, Ezekiel 25:17. I really didn’t think much of it until one day I decided that I wanted to read that verse in the Bible. So I looked in my Bible and I found that it was a completely different verse. This is what is in the movie:
Pretty interesting.
But I digress.
I saw Pulp Fiction and there are two or three parts in the film where the character Jules, played by Samuel L. Jackson, quotes a verse from the Bible, Ezekiel 25:17. I really didn’t think much of it until one day I decided that I wanted to read that verse in the Bible. So I looked in my Bible and I found that it was a completely different verse. This is what is in the movie:
This is what Ezekiel 25:17 really says, “And I will execute great vengeance upon them, rebuking them in fury: and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.” (DRB)Well there’s this passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.”
Pretty interesting.