Query: Dan Mohler, Todd White

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaccheus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in my opinion, they don’t necessarily have the Holy Spirit if they claim that the Bible is inerrant and simultaneously reject the clear text of the Bible on the real presence of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Eucharist as well that Mary was blessed and full of grace before her Son’s conception and the mother of Our Lord. They try to sideline Our Blessed Mother ignoring both the Gospels and the Old Testament prophesies fortelling her role in God’s plan salvation.

I agree with you regarding Todd White. He’s continuing that tradition that’s referred to as “the prosperity gospel”. Ultimately, Jesus knows those who are His, and those who are “hustling in the Name of the Lord” (to quote ‘Papa Was A Rolling Stone’)

A little grace goes a long way. Just as there are errant traditions in the Protestant and Charismatic movements, I can assure you there are errant traditions in the Catholic Church. The Holy Spirit is with whomever the Holy Spirit chooses to be with - even King Saul was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesying for three days in the presence of God’s Samuelite prophets. Only Jesus knows for sure those who are His. It’s best to let Him deal with the contradictions while we each follow Him as best we know how, and encourage and love each other. To paraphrase what Jesus said to Maria Faustina Kowalska: If you want mercy, then you must practice mercy. Only those who are merciful in word, deed, and prayer shall know My mercy and My salvation.

I’ve seen a Todd White video once. “We beat autism with the power of Jesus” Adorable 😃

But we know it’s not that simple, Todd has no power to force God to perform a miracle. Maybe God gave this person autism as her cross to carry.

Another video I’ve seen was Todd trying to convert Catholics in the Vatican. Really? If he is so brave, why doesn’t he go to Saudi Arabia to convert Muslims, or to Melanesia to convert pagan cannibals?

Why is it adorable? Can’t Jesus heal autism? Nobody has the power to force God to do anything, but Jesus heals and he gave his disciples the ability to pray in His name and do so.
You could say that about any illness, yet Jesus heals people every day.
I’m not saying I think Todd White is genuine or not, and as a Catholic of course I don’t agree with his trying to convert Catholics. However, maybe he is genuine. He seems committed and sincere and maybe the Holy Spirit is using him to bring people the love and power of God because Catholics aren’t stepping up. Maybe not, I don’t know either way, but maybe.

Jesus can heal autism, but I need more proofs to say a miracle really happened. But thank you for pointing out that it might really have happened.

If Todd is genuine, Jesus will eventually lead him to embrace the Catholic faith.

Hi Ginny. I’m glad that you reminded me of grace, which is a blessing, and I wonder what you mean by grace?

We do have a right and a responsibility to defend the faith from attacks, 1 Peter 11-16, and I’ve seen Todd White in person claim that Catholics have it wrong about Jesus and Mary. Faith and reason can not in truth contradict, and I believe in miracles that have evidence.

Hi Glowacki,
It is indeed a shame that many in the Church attack other ecclesial traditions. The US contains a ruggedly individualistic culture, which is probably at the extreme of self-sufficiency, and - as such - practices an ultra-Protestantism, which is outspoken and in opposition to Catholicism. This part-accounts for his denouncement of the Catholic Church. The other part is probably him serving his business interests. I wouldn’t worry too much about what he says - he isn’t Jesus and I’m skeptical as to whether Jesus believes Todd White speaks on His behalf.

You are right, and I agree with you that is a source of sorrow for many that Christians attack other Christians, although you do spark my curiosity.

So we communicate better I would love to know how do you define these terms? It is helpful that we agree on the meaning of the following words:
  1. Grace
  2. the Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back