P
Podo2005
Guest
I’m not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but anyways
The simplest definition of God that can be found is God is Love, correct?
And if God is Love and as St Paul points out in 1 Corinthians 13: “Love does not take offense at wrongdoings, but rejoices with the truth…”
Then therefore logically God does not take offense at our sins because God is Love
How then does the standard Act of Contrition make sense?
“Oh my God I am heavily sorry for having offended Thee…”
Please note I am not saying we shouldnt be contrite because we should, I am just wondering how this is supposed to make sense since God is Love…perhaps this one should be revised?
Your brother in Christ
Zachary
The simplest definition of God that can be found is God is Love, correct?
And if God is Love and as St Paul points out in 1 Corinthians 13: “Love does not take offense at wrongdoings, but rejoices with the truth…”
Then therefore logically God does not take offense at our sins because God is Love
How then does the standard Act of Contrition make sense?
“Oh my God I am heavily sorry for having offended Thee…”
Please note I am not saying we shouldnt be contrite because we should, I am just wondering how this is supposed to make sense since God is Love…perhaps this one should be revised?
Your brother in Christ
Zachary