Question about attending Mass while in mortal sin

  • Thread starter Thread starter Prodigal1984
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Prodigal1984

Guest
If we are in mortal sin and will not be receiving the Eucharist until confession, do we receive any Grace from God for attending Mass?
 
Sure, if nothing else the grace to be reconciled with God.
God draws us back to him.

Sadly I’ve attended Mass in a state of sin many times (without receiving). We are still bound to do so. To avoid Mass on Sundays and HDO while in a state of sin would compound our sin and offend God even more.
 
Well i will be going to confession before Sunday. I actually go to daily Mass. Just a wonderful way to start the day.
 
I belive, the idea that, even when you’re in mortal and still feel a nudge from the Holy Spirit to go to Mass to listen and refrain from communion, can say a lot. It’s like the Holy Spirit is wanting you to get back up again, even if you have to wait a few days or a week to go to confession.
So I do believe, in some way, there is grace there to encourage you to keep going and rekindle yourself with God in confession. 🙂
 
One time I confessed taking part in sacrilege.
The priest advised me to make an act of perfect contrition and then I could receive communion before confession. However this is in a situation where I am lecturing weekday masses and I usually distribute the precious blood, and I told him I feel very weird being on the altar and not receiving. I shouldn’t care what people think but it is hard not too in that case.
 
I’ve been enjoined from being a reader while in a state of mortal sin.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top