Question about blessing sacramentals

  • Thread starter Thread starter camkutz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

camkutz

Guest
I presented a priest with a handful (literally) of items yesterday, a rosary, a ring with the hail mary on, and two bracelets with an image of the Immaculate Heart of Mary - so I asked him to bless them and he signed the cross over them but said “Bless these rosaries” I’m assuming everything is blessed but only one item was a rosary so what about the ring for example?
It’s a bit scrupulous I know, but I like to have everything blessed haha 😛 😃
 
That seems a bit odd that all aren’t blessed. If he said to bless the rosaries then he must not have blessed it? Perhaps ask him
 
That seems a bit odd that all aren’t blessed. If he said to bless the rosaries then he must not have blessed it? Perhaps ask him
He was just a random priest I cornered in Walsingham yesterday haha, so I’m back home now and won’t bump into him for a long while - literally I just had a handful of stuff and I’m guessing he assumed it was all rosaries?
I’m thinking all is blessed because he waved the sign of the cross over my handful of things and also said “in the name of the Father etc.”
 
Seems to be the normal experience for most what you have described. I seen my priest one time act like it was a burden and quickly did the sign of the cross over the items and said that’s it. the lady looked at him in shock.

Now I have had sacramental blessed in the extraordinary form. Its amazing but prepare to be there for some time. I suggest going to a traditional priest who celebrates the TLM to get you things blessed if you’re looking for a VERY reverent experience.
 
P.S. I hope that didn’t sound too rough if it did I apologies:D
 
Seems to be the normal experience for most what you have described. I seen my priest one time act like it was a burden and quickly did the sign of the cross over the items and said that’s it. the lady looked at him in shock.

Now I have had sacramental blessed in the extraordinary form. Its amazing but prepare to be there for some time. I suggest going to a traditional priest who celebrates the TLM to get you things blessed if you’re looking for a VERY reverent experience.
Actually, if you want VERY reverent, try going to a Divine Liturgy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top