Question about Catholic Charities

  • Thread starter Thread starter PJM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PJM

Guest
SHOULD CC be more public about the Good [GREAT] WORKS they do?

How might this be accomplished if you think it’s a good idea?
 
Yes, I agree but have no experience with marketing/advertising so no good ideas for you.
 
SHOULD CC be more public about the Good [GREAT] WORKS they do?

How might this be accomplished if you think it’s a good idea?
You mean, should they perform their good works on street corners for the world to see them? 😉

I think they’re probably focused on doing their good works rather than seeking publicity for them. But that is an interesting idea. Should Catholic Charities USA have a very visible PR campaign? I’d have to think about that for a bit. :hmmm:

Catholic Charities is pretty de-centralized, though. Each diocese has their own Catholic Charities office that operates more or less independently.
 
=Joe 5859;9821104]You mean, should they perform their good works on street corners for the world to see them? 😉
I think they’re probably focused on doing their good works rather than seeking publicity for them. But that is an interesting idea. Should Catholic Charities USA have a very visible PR campaign? I’d have to think about that for a bit. :hmmm:
Catholic Charities is pretty de-centralized, though. Each diocese has their own Catholic Charities office that operates more or less independently.
Hi Joe,

No I asked what I mean.🙂

The Church is publically batted around for all kinds of thisngs.:o I wonder if there might not be a benefit to making the CC case more public?
 
Hi Joe,

No I asked what I mean.🙂

The Church is publically batted around for all kinds of thisngs.:o I wonder if there might not be a benefit to making the CC case more public?
I can see how there would be a benefit. But I can also see a lot of priests and bishops being skeptical about using the goods works that the Catholic Church does as a means of spinning some positive PR. You’d definitely need a PR person who really knows what they’re doing to strike the right balance.
 
I think of Jesus telling his disciples not to tell anyone when he had just done a miricle.

It seems to me that the work must speak for itself. I don’t think there is anybody in the world who doesn’t know who Mother Teresa is, or that she is Catholic.
 
=babs57;9822042]I think of Jesus telling his disciples not to tell anyone when he had just done a miricle.
It seems to me that the work must speak for itself. I don’t think there is anybody in the world who doesn’t know who Mother Teresa is, or that she is Catholic.
GREAT point:D

So then who do you know persoanlly who can speak in an informed manner about what catholic Charities does?

God Bless,
Pat
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top