H
Holly3278
Guest
Hello everyone. I just finished reading Dignitatis Humanae which is a document of the 2nd Vatican Council on religious freedom. This one specific part confused me:
Anyway, does this mean that Catholics are forbidden by the Catholic Church to refuse services for “gay weddings” such as in the case of the florist, baker, and photographer who faced legal action for doing so?
I know that in a very large portion of the document it proclaims that all people should have their right to practice their faith in public and private but I am just wondering if it would be right for a Catholic or anyone else to practice their faith in their business by refusing to provide services for “gay weddings” because it would seem to them to be an implicit approval of “gay marriage”.
Thanks in advance for your help.
It is under Section 6.Finally, government is to see to it that equality of citizens before the law, which is itself an element of the common good, is never violated, whether openly or covertly, for religious reasons. Nor is there to be discrimination among citizens.
Anyway, does this mean that Catholics are forbidden by the Catholic Church to refuse services for “gay weddings” such as in the case of the florist, baker, and photographer who faced legal action for doing so?
I know that in a very large portion of the document it proclaims that all people should have their right to practice their faith in public and private but I am just wondering if it would be right for a Catholic or anyone else to practice their faith in their business by refusing to provide services for “gay weddings” because it would seem to them to be an implicit approval of “gay marriage”.
Thanks in advance for your help.