Agreed on the movies. And this one was one of the worst of the lot. Horrible, artistically, and factually.
Oh…I didn’t think it was that bad.

especially considering the types of movies that are out today. I know that I shouldn’t base any real Biblical fact on this movie, but remembering that in the movie, young jewish male captives were caused to be eunichs seemed very plausible to me that this actually happened during their captivity.
Epistemes, thank you for your response. Yes, Deuteronomy 23: 1-2 was what I was speaking of regarding not being able to be part of the community. In the Acts study (put out by Ignatius Press and Jeff Cavins), the Eunich was reading Isaiah 52-53, the suffering servant. Jeff brought up that if he continued reading, specifically Isaiah 56: 3-8, that he would see the future promise of being admitted into the Lord’s community, and that this was fulfilled through the Messiah coming, Jesus which was what Philip was telling him when he told him who the author was speaking about (Read Acts 8 to get the context).
I was unaware the law of Deut. 23 regarding eunichs and so learning about that last night led me to question “What happened to the jewish male captives who were forced to become eunichs?” I brought this question up and some people looked at me like I had 3 heads for even thinking that they were forced to become eunichs in captivity. I don’t think it’s that far-fetched considering the pagan cultures that took them over.
So, I guess my question overall is two-fold. 1) Were some jewish males in captivity forced to become eunichs? I’m looking for sources whether Biblical or secular historical.
2) And if they were, what were the implications once this happened? Were they prevented from being fully part of the Lord’s community?