S
smog
Guest
Hi, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, wasn’t sure where to put it.
I just saw a thread in the Ask An Apologetist forum about Godparents and how it has to be one female and one male. When my son was baptised in the Catholic Church we asked priests at the 2 churches in our town, one we were previous members at and the other was our current church, but we felt comfortable at both. Anyway, we wanted to have 2 females be Godparents. My sister as one and my husbands sister as the other. My sisters husband is not Catholic and my husbands sister has never been married and there is a shortage of men in both our families.
According to what the AAA forum states, even though both priests approved having 2 female Godparents, it appears that it is not allowed. Now I know you only need one, so I guess we could just call one of them Godparent and the other as a witness, but I’m not sure if there’s anything I need to do about this or if it even is an issue since it occurred 4 years ago and is already done.
Thanks for your time!
Susan
I just saw a thread in the Ask An Apologetist forum about Godparents and how it has to be one female and one male. When my son was baptised in the Catholic Church we asked priests at the 2 churches in our town, one we were previous members at and the other was our current church, but we felt comfortable at both. Anyway, we wanted to have 2 females be Godparents. My sister as one and my husbands sister as the other. My sisters husband is not Catholic and my husbands sister has never been married and there is a shortage of men in both our families.
According to what the AAA forum states, even though both priests approved having 2 female Godparents, it appears that it is not allowed. Now I know you only need one, so I guess we could just call one of them Godparent and the other as a witness, but I’m not sure if there’s anything I need to do about this or if it even is an issue since it occurred 4 years ago and is already done.
Thanks for your time!
Susan