S
SpeakKindly
Guest
What is the process for someone wanting to join the Catholic Church who has been divorced and remarried?
Well I’m just wondering if there would need to be an annulment.The best thing to do is set up an appointment with your local priest and discuss your circumstances to get the ball rolling, joining RCIA, and all the different documentation you will need but Fr. will advice you on what to get.
God Bless walk with the Lord, and May we give each other the sign of peace in the same Church.
Yes, there would. If you were just divorced, it would not be necessary, but because of the remarriage, you will need to seek an annulment of the first marriage. I think the best thing to do is to call the church and ask for guidance.Well I’m just wondering if there would need to be an annulment.
Best to talk to Father , make an appointment, as he will know best, plus after you tell him your circumstances he can judge and advise, “Be not Afraid” put your hand in the Lord and go for it, set up the appointment with Father and go from there.Well I’m just wondering if there would need to be an annulment.

I would enter into the situation assuming that yes, there would be a need for an annulment.Well I’m just wondering if there would need to be an annulment.
Ask this very same question to any parish priestWhat is the process for someone wanting to join the Catholic Church who has been divorced and remarried?
The Church presumes marriages are valid until proven otherwise. They need not be in a Catholic church (for non-Catholics) and could have been witnessed only by a civil authority. They would be considered natural marriages in the least and sacramental if the parties were baptized. Entering into a new marriage is not possible when already married (civil divorce can not change this).I don’t think you need an annulment if you were not Catholic when married the first time. My husband and I were not Catholic when we married our first spouses and divorced. We just came in to the church last year, we never had to go through the annulment process. Nor do we live celibate.