D
dfp42
Guest
I have a question about Mass readings selected for today 2-10-11. I’m using the Magnificat to follow through and I noticed that its the Memorial of Saint Scholastica the readings the book listed are Genesis 2: 18-25, Psalm 128, and Gospel according to Mark 7:24-30 and the USCCB list the same for today usccb.org/nab/today.shtml
However, I’m confused as to why the priest today didn’t use these readings and I’m wondering why since there was no funeral mass etc that would allow it to be changed. I’m not sure what readings exactly he choose but it wasn’t what was listed. I keep running into problems with this Magnificat booklet because I thought it would help with the readings for the day but it seems like different parishes can choose any one they want. Also, I’m noticing that the Magnificat doesn’t show the EP for the day. Are the EP allowed to be whatever the priest decides to use? If so, How many different type of EP prayers are there exactly?
Another thing that I wonder is The Order Of The Mass. During weekdays at some parishes can the Confieter or the Creed be left out? I noticed this wasn’t done today with the booklet showing the Order of the Mass.
If this is all proper and ok, I don’t understand why there is so much confusion on the readings or the order of the mass. It seems to me that certain parishes I’ve been to do things differently during the mass. Some will say the entrance antiphon, some will say a sentence and sing Alleluia, Alleluia before the Gospel reading, some will say the communion Antiphon, some will ring the bells differently at times. Will all of this be corrected to a more orderly universal mass with the new roman missal coming out?
However, I’m confused as to why the priest today didn’t use these readings and I’m wondering why since there was no funeral mass etc that would allow it to be changed. I’m not sure what readings exactly he choose but it wasn’t what was listed. I keep running into problems with this Magnificat booklet because I thought it would help with the readings for the day but it seems like different parishes can choose any one they want. Also, I’m noticing that the Magnificat doesn’t show the EP for the day. Are the EP allowed to be whatever the priest decides to use? If so, How many different type of EP prayers are there exactly?
Another thing that I wonder is The Order Of The Mass. During weekdays at some parishes can the Confieter or the Creed be left out? I noticed this wasn’t done today with the booklet showing the Order of the Mass.
If this is all proper and ok, I don’t understand why there is so much confusion on the readings or the order of the mass. It seems to me that certain parishes I’ve been to do things differently during the mass. Some will say the entrance antiphon, some will say a sentence and sing Alleluia, Alleluia before the Gospel reading, some will say the communion Antiphon, some will ring the bells differently at times. Will all of this be corrected to a more orderly universal mass with the new roman missal coming out?