Question about Mass

  • Thread starter Thread starter natedagw824
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

natedagw824

Guest
Hi all,

I have a quick question: Why is it that the church calls the mass the “Sacrifice of the Mass?”

This question has troubled me for awhile now…if u could give me an answer, I would really be grateful!

Thanks; God bless,

Nathan 😉
 
Hi all,

I have a quick question: Why is it that the church calls the mass the “Sacrifice of the Mass?”

This question has troubled me for awhile now…if u could give me an answer, I would really be grateful!

Thanks; God bless,

Nathan 😉
The Mass is a sacrifice. However, it is not a new sacrifice, there is only one sacrifice for sins, the sacrifice of Calvary. At Mass, the sacrifice of Calvary is made present to us and is offered to the Father, just as it is perpetually offered to the Father in Heaven. As recorded in the book of revelation.
 
The Mass is a sacrifice. However, it is not a new sacrifice, there is only one sacrifice for sins, the sacrifice of Calvary. At Mass, the sacrifice of Calvary is made present to us and is offered to the Father, just as it is perpetually offered to the Father in Heaven. As recorded in the book of revelation.
Ah ok, thank you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top