Question about Novenas

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaneClark
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaneClark

Guest
This may sound like a silly question but, will I mess up my Novena if I don’t know how to pronounce a word or name I am unfamiliar with?
 
“Let not your heart be troubled”. Its more about the intent and the sincerity of your prayer.

Just do the best you can with pronunciation.
 
No, you will not mess it up. The intent was clear and straight on your part.
 
Even in the Mass it’s okay if a priest makes a (minor, unintentional) mistake.

You will be showered with graces for praying Novenas, don’t worry about mistakes.
 
A novena (from the Latin number for 9) is a nine-fold prayer–usually 9 days–for a particular intention.

Contrary to what some people think, especially on the basis of promises “never to fail” or conditions attached to them (“publish this in the local newspaper”), they are NOT magic, nor are they ways of getting God over a barrel to get what you want out of Him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top