S
sulkow82
Guest
Hello,
Are there any rules about private novenas around Easter?
The details: I’m thinking about starting a private novena for the country of my heritage (Poland). The dates involved are April 14 - April 23
April 14 Is the baptism of the first king of Poland into the Church and is considered the day the modern country of Poland was established.
April 23 is the celebration of St. Adalbert who was a martyred for the faith just 11 years after the baptism of the King.
I became fascinated by the fact that the two (2) dates are nine (9) days apart. Since it is so close to Easter, my question is if it is permitted to do this as a private devotion (just me) according to the rules of the Church’s calendar. I was planning on using the Divine Mercy Chaplet.
Are there any rules about private novenas around Easter?
The details: I’m thinking about starting a private novena for the country of my heritage (Poland). The dates involved are April 14 - April 23
April 14 Is the baptism of the first king of Poland into the Church and is considered the day the modern country of Poland was established.
April 23 is the celebration of St. Adalbert who was a martyred for the faith just 11 years after the baptism of the King.
I became fascinated by the fact that the two (2) dates are nine (9) days apart. Since it is so close to Easter, my question is if it is permitted to do this as a private devotion (just me) according to the rules of the Church’s calendar. I was planning on using the Divine Mercy Chaplet.