T
travissbeloved
Guest
I recently started a job as a Faith Formation Coordinator at a parish here in the city I live in. They have nursery open downstairs during mass as well as classes for 3 and 4 year olds. All the other CCD classes are before mass starts or on Wednesday nights. I understand that they are trying to help parents out by letting them drop their kids off so they can concentrate on mass but don’t children receive graces by attending mass? I also believe that a 4 year old is fully capable of behaving themselves and understanding certain parts of the mass. It’s a great learning experience for them to be there. (I have a 3 year old). I would like to know if it is a sound doctrine that people receive graces by attending mass and maybe some advice on how I would bring this up to the parish priest and deacon. I do not think I could change it so late in the year but maybe for next year?