Question about pre baptismal stuff as an adult?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ilovejesus1234
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just haven’t had my priorities straight, normally with everything I do, I am sort of lazy, I am trying to not be like this but yeah, it is hard, it is built into myself, but as you all know nothing is impossible for God. Pray that I would not let my sinfulness rule over me especially with this kind of stuff and that I may treat this more seriously. I got to go to Church now, wish me luck. (:
 
if I fail to go to my class at my parish; would it be a sin?
  1. Missing RCIA class is not objectively sinful, so it can’t be a sin. At any rate, not a mortal sin.
  2. You’re not baptized yet. All your sins will be removed at the moment you are baptized.

When I was in RCIA, the instructor used a small, inexpensive recording device to record each lesson and then posted it on a webpage she had set up for our class. Those who missed a class could then easily hear everything they missed.
 
Also one more thing, do you guys know about those sheets with info about Jesus and his Church on it that I usually get. I already know somewhat of it, but do I have to read what is on those sheets, I usually just save because I am sure later on in my life I would want to look back on what I learned and stuff.

But I don’t think it is necessary to read, it is a good idea, but not necessary, in my opinion.
 
Also one more thing, do you guys know about those sheets with info about Jesus and his Church on it that I usually get. I already know somewhat of it, but do I have to read what is on those sheets, I usually just save because I am sure later on in my life I would want to look back on what I learned and stuff.

But I don’t think it is necessary to read, it is a good idea, but not necessary, in my opinion.
How old are you?
How badly do you want to become Catholic?
Are you doing this for someone else, or for your own soul, & your own enlightenment?

Anything worth doing is worth putting 100% into it.
None of us, NOT ONE of us Is ever through learning about the faith or God.
None of us can afford to wait until later. Death comes like a thief in the night. We must be ready to be called home, and to also give an accounting for our lives.
Pray for strength and stamina to see it through, or to start again when you are more disposed to the requirements and necessary study.
Who is your sponsor?
Are they walking the road with you?
Are they praying for you daily?
Are they answering your questions?
Perhaps meet with the RICA Director alone sometimes, over coffee.
Be assured of our prayers.
 
How old are you?
How badly do you want to become Catholic?
Are you doing this for someone else, or for your own soul, & your own enlightenment?

Anything worth doing is worth putting 100% into it.
None of us, NOT ONE of us Is ever through learning about the faith or God.
None of us can afford to wait until later. Death comes like a thief in the night. We must be ready to be called home, and to also give an accounting for our lives.
Pray for strength and stamina to see it through, or to start again when you are more disposed to the requirements and necessary study.
Who is your sponsor?
Are they walking the road with you?
Are they praying for you daily?
Are they answering your questions?
Perhaps meet with the RICA Director alone sometimes, over coffee.
Be assured of our prayers.
Claire, I accept your concern, and this is not out of stubbornness, but I wanna become Catholic with all my heart. The reason I don’t read those, is because I don’t think I need to honestly. They are useful if I need info about it someday but yea. My sponsor is my mother and she prays for me daily(I think).

Anyway, I feel like you’re sorta putting me down, and showing the impression that I am very lazy. That isn’t fair, I am not lazy, I learn more and more stuff about God everytime I go to church and everytime I am at bible study. My director knows I am on the right path and I am doing fine…What am I doing wrong? I just do not want to read those things because I try my best to listen during the lectures they give me. So it isn’t like I am lazy or anything, sometimes I already know about the info they give me, sometimes they talked about it in class and other times I just don’t feel like I need to know. I appreciate your concern Claire, but I am fine.
 
My sponsor is my mother and she prays for me daily(I think).
I’m sure your mother prays for you and I hope she continues! But by canon law she is not permitted to be your sponsor.

It might actually be good for you to have a non-family member that you can talk with about all these issues.

And Claire wasn’t putting you down. But you give the impression that you’re just going through the motions and doing as little as possible. If this were school, you wouldn’t be aiming for an A, but would be saying that a C is good enough so why bother doing more.

Perhaps that’s not how you really feel, but it is the impression you give. Go back and read what you’ve posted in this thread.
 
Yea you’re right, my bad…
but my RCIA director never said it was bad that my mom was my sponsor…
 
Yes, Parents and husbands and wives should not sponsor, and parents are defiantly not even permitted to.
I guess it’s too late now…🤷
But you do make it sound like you can’t be bothered.
I would think you’d post a little enthusiasm except just now, when pressed.
Still praying for you. I’m a DRE and know about RCIA practices.
You post a lot of concerning questions for someone who says they have it all together, that’s all. No disrespect.
Clare
 
I post a lot mainly out of wonder for my religion, some of the things I still have trouble with understanding, like gay marriage, I had trouble understanding abortion as well but I got that under control…As usual I have daily problems as well. But that isn’t anything new. But anyway what is a sponsor, I am already through the process of my RCIA teacher talking one on one with me, which was in the beginning, but now I am in a big group with other kids, we talk about the Sunday Bible reading then after that we talk about other things with another person after mass is done about the saints,church, tradition, etc. Sometimes it is the same person but yea. I can never remember the terms.

My sponser is who was with me and stood behind me and put her hand on my shoulder whenever we did some type of ceremony. Like anoitment, and my mom(sponser) usually sits in with me when we are listening about the teachings after mass.It makes me feel troubled. I do not feel like a true Catholic, what do I do? Do I look at all the handouts I got in the past that I never really read? Or do I use them for reference. I will read the new ones I get, and then church handouts I get at the beginning of mass(should I read those too?)

This is really hard on me…
 
Also one more thing, do you guys know about those sheets with info about Jesus and his Church on it that I usually get. I already know somewhat of it, but do I have to read what is on those sheets, I usually just save because I am sure later on in my life I would want to look back on what I learned and stuff.

But I don’t think it is necessary to read, it is a good idea, but not necessary, in my opinion.
I’m glad I’m not the only one that does that!
I have everyone of those handouts myself and several books from my RCIA class and often find myself referring back to them for myself and for the Religious Education class I teach.

OP I still so highly advise you to work with your team to catch you and help you to decide your path.
 
I’m glad I’m not the only one that does that!
I have everyone of those handouts myself and several books from my RCIA class and often find myself referring back to them for myself and for the Religious Education class I teach.

OP I still so highly advise you to work with your team to catch you and help you to decide your path.
Yea i think I need to talk with my RCIA director…
 
Yes, Parents and husbands and wives should not sponsor, and parents are defiantly not even permitted to.
Clare
Agreed.! Nothing against these people; however, IMHO a sponsor needs to be someone that can ask the hard questions from you in faith and take you down the street by your if needed to the confessional.
 
She is qualified for doing all that but I do not think she has it all of the catholic faith memorized, remember, that it is a lot of stuff…She is a great person though, pray that I would get this all sorted out, it is making me anxious, I am not feeling like a true catholic.
 
So do I need to do anything special with those bible sheets I got during my classes for my catachuman stuff ? I can read them from now on when I get them and also should I worry about the sheets I get handed to in the beginning of mass, I take them out of politeness sometimes and barely I read them, its not that I don’t care so yea… Help me out, I am a little worried.
 
So do I need to do anything special with those bible sheets I got during my classes for my catachuman stuff ? I can read them from now on when I get them and also should I worry about the sheets I get handed to in the beginning of mass, I take them out of politeness sometimes and barely I read them, its not that I don’t care so yea… Help me out, I am a little worried.
Do not worry and make yourself sick - I put my handouts in a binder and at the time read them when I had the time (good throne-room reading!). You may find yourself wanting to read them later to pickup information you may have missed while in class or if you have missed the class.
 
Do not worry and make yourself sick - I put my handouts in a binder and at the time read them when I had the time (good throne-room reading!). You may find yourself wanting to read them later to pickup information you may have missed while in class or if you have missed the class.
Wait I am sorry what, can you reword this by any chance?
 
So do I need to do anything special with those bible sheets I got during my classes for my catachuman stuff ? I can read them from now on when I get them and also should I worry about the sheets I get handed to in the beginning of mass, I take them out of politeness sometimes and barely I read them, its not that I don’t care so yea… Help me out, I am a little worried.
Do not worry and make yourself sick - I put my handouts in a binder and at the time read them when I had the time (good throne-room reading!). You may find yourself wanting to read them later to pickup information you may have missed while in class or if you have missed the class.
Wait I am sorry what, can you reword this by any chance?
Sorry, was dealing with the youngest child 😉
What I was attempting to say:
Don’t be overly worried about these documents - nothing to stress about.
IMHO it is a good idea to keep the papers “in hand.”
A 3-Ring binder is a good place to organize them.
I didn’t always have time to read them when handed out… so I put the binder in the one small room in the house where one has a moment to read without being interrupted.
It’s good to keep these handouts around as a reference for topics missed in class either because one did not attend or didn’t catch what was being said.
 
Also one more thing, do you guys know about those sheets with info about Jesus and his Church on it that I usually get. I already know somewhat of it, but do I have to read what is on those sheets, I usually just save because I am sure later on in my life I would want to look back on what I learned and stuff.

But I don’t think it is necessary to read, it is a good idea, but not necessary, in my opinion.
It sounds like your goal is to be as badly educated as possible, really.

Do you treat your daily work like this? No, you would be fired in ten seconds if they gave you an instruction manual to read and you said Oh, I can do the repairs without reading any instructions - you would break the machine and you would be lining up for soup at the homeless shelter at the end of the day.

The papers are for you to read during the week when you have time. Write on them, look stuff up in the Bible that is mentioned in them, and learn as much as you can.

Otherwise what is the point?
 
I am an RCIA Student also . Can someone explain me when the inquiry finishes and start the catalisim"Sorry not good speller".

I would like to learn about The lord and his grace but Also I am determined to become a devoted catholic! so what phase I am in?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top