Question about psychology (SEE PICTURE)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arnold1N2D
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arnold1N2D

Guest
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Hello. I’m just gonna ask if there’s something wrong with this one? Can you tell me why it’s wrong? Because I read somewhere that spiritual bypass is dangerous when it comes in dealing with emotional problems or something that is related with psychology?
What are your comments?

Thank you!
 
Last edited:
From a Christian point of view, the spiritual bypassing answers tend to exaggerate all positive aspects of emotional health. For example it’s not always bad to feel sad, even without obvious reason, maybe the sadness is caused by your sins and it’s your soul knocking at the door of your conscience. Another example - fear is not always bad, King Solomon said fear of God is root of all wisdom also many saints asked God to put fear of Him in their hearts.
 
In my own experience, “spiritual bypass” is an attempt to skip the suffering and go right to the kumbaya.

Note, the statements in the spiritual bypass aren’t necessarily wrong as standalone statements…But when you’re experiencing problems, you do have to do the tedious and sometimes painful work to experience an authentic and deep healing.

Here’s an example. Christian Person has somebody pushing them around.
However, Christian Person is scared to stand up for them self.
So they cloak their cowering submission under a spiritual guise (“I’m turning the other cheek, I’m bearing wrongs patiently, I’m giving a peaceful witness”).
 
In my own experience, “spiritual bypass” is an attempt to skip the suffering and go right to the kumbaya.

Note, the statements in the spiritual bypass aren’t necessarily wrong as standalone statements…But when you’re experiencing problems, you do have to do the tedious and sometimes painful work to experience an authentic and deep healing.

Here’s an example. Christian Person has somebody pushing them around.
However, Christian Person is scared to stand up for them self.
So they cloak their cowering submission under a spiritual guise (“I’m turning the other cheek, I’m bearing wrongs patiently, I’m giving a peaceful witness”).
Thank you this is very helpful for me right now.
 
The chart is set up like a comparison, but I don’t think it’s a fair presentation of either side.

The Emotional side is actually quite analytical – I am curious, I want to understand – and spoken in the first person. The Spiritual side is spoken as a set of commands in the second person – you do this, you do that, and don’t ask why.

I know little about spiritual bypassing, but based on these observations, I suspect that this chart may not be the best explanation of it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top