Question about sin and understanding

  • Thread starter Thread starter tdakers
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tdakers

Guest
So my wife and I had a beautiful baby boy about a year ago. Unfortunately the pregnancy caused my wife to gain a little more weight than she should have. I’m not saying I don’t find my wife unattractive and want to leave her or anything like that. I love her no matter how she looks. She has tried to on-again/off-again lose some of the weight which is great! However, the other day there was someone who was very skinny, and I thought it would be nice for my wife to look like that again. It was only for a second and I had no intense desire that my wife must look a certain way, but just a quick thought that went through my head. Would this be a thing of a mortal sin or venial…or any really? I’m really confused because I don’t think it is since I definitely didn’t lust after them, but I did think it would be nice for her to look like that again but not so much that if she never did again i would leave her or anything
 
It may be a venial sin of envy, but if it was just a passing thought it’s definitely not a mortal sin.
 
It really revolves around action. Did you force her to lose weight after that thought? Nope. Did you say that woman is better looking than her? Nope. Venial sin, maybe. But if anything, it isnt anything to get worked up over. Our minds sometimes wander and sometimes we intentionally wander, but the more important question is if we went through on that thought with action or not. Just my two cents hope i helped a bit!
 
Last edited:
Maybe your wife would like it better if you looked like brad pitt.
 
What matters is that you don’t hurt your wife. I have news for you, there are going to be all kinds of things throughout your marriage that you might wish you could tweak, with regards to your spouse. No problem having a passing though about it. The problem comes in when one spouse nags another or makes fun of them or does nasty stuff like that. Don’t be rude, and you are OK. Next time you start thinking about how you would like your wife to change, get in the habit of immediately thinking about what your next self-improvement endeavor is going to be and get started on making it happen.
 
Thanks everyone I appreciate the help! Just converted for prodestant were mortal and venial sins weren’t really a think and I sometimes get confused on them since they are still a relatively new concept!

I also want to thank everyone for being understanding and not making it about me not finding my wife attractive or something. I love her to death even with the weight gain and will continue to due so even if she never does!

I’ve seen some nasty posts on some of these forums and really didn’t know if I should post for fear of it turning into a three ring circus like a YouTube post or something
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top