Question about the Rosary

• Thread starter Thread starter SwordofLight
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SwordofLight

What do you pray at the medallion in the center of the Rosary? Where the circle forms the line going down to the cross.

God Bless!

Dear SwordofLight,

Nothing. At least, when you are beginning the Rosary and say the Our Father to begin the first mystery, you skip the medal and go to the first Hail Mary bead. At the end, though, I guess you could say that the medal is for the Salve Regina (Hail, Holy Queen)…

No wonder I had no idea what to pray, the answer is nothing. lol

The Hail Holy Queen at the end of the Rosary.

Hail Holy Queen, mother mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we lift up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving , O sweet Virgin Mary, pray for us O holy mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

At that apparently orphaned disk/medal at the crux of the rosary beads, you announce the first mystery.

I always say the “Hail, Holy Queen” after I’m finished with the last decade.

DVIN CKS:
I always say the “Hail, Holy Queen” after I’m finished with the last decade.
Yes. I use that spot to say the “Hail, Holy Queen” too!

A dual-purpose spot!
:rolleyes: 👍

40.png
Salmon:
The user’s manual can be found at:

Rosary User’s Manual

Peace in Christ…Salmon
Don’t forget the Fatima Prayer:

O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy Mercy. Amen

This is to be said after the Glory be at the end of each decade. I also say the following prayers after the Salve Regina:

O GOD, WHOSE only-begotten Son by His life, death and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life; grant, we beseech Thee, that by meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen

and

Holy Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil: may God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all wicked spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen

What do you pray at the medallion in the center of the Rosary? Where the circle forms the line going down to the cross.

God Bless!
I start at the crucifix and by-pass the center piece leaving it for last. There I pray the Salve Regina, mater misericordiae, vita, dulcedo et spes nostra salve…
I say other prayers and finish with the sign of the cross. Amen.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back