M
Myqyl
Guest
About 15 years ago, a priest told me that it was perfectly ok to say “For us and for our salvation” instead of “For us men and for our salvation” as well as “He became human” instead of “He became man”. In fact he suggested that these changes were much closer to an accurate translation from Latin.
I’ve stood next to priests and nuns at Mass and have heard some of them say the Creed this way as well.
Now I know that some folks on this board will hoot and holler and scream that these nuns and priests are hell bound heretics trying to drag me to hell… But I’ll ask the question anyway…
Is this a valid translation of the original Latin Creed?
Thank you for your thoughts.
God bless…
I’ve stood next to priests and nuns at Mass and have heard some of them say the Creed this way as well.
Now I know that some folks on this board will hoot and holler and scream that these nuns and priests are hell bound heretics trying to drag me to hell… But I’ll ask the question anyway…
Is this a valid translation of the original Latin Creed?
Thank you for your thoughts.
God bless…