Question for passion/palm Sunday

  • Thread starter Thread starter tngail
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tngail

Guest
Do we sing the Gloria on Passion/Palm Sunday? I know I’ve seen the answer before, I also believe we do not, but I’m having one of those days, and after doing a search I still cannot find it. 😊

Thanks in Advance!
 
No. The Gloria is only sung on Solemnities (St. Joseph and the Annunciation + any Solemnities of your local church/diocese/area in Lent) and Holy Thursday.
 
No. The Gloria is only sung on Solemnities (St. Joseph and the Annunciation + any Solemnities of your local church/diocese/area in Lent) and Holy Thursday.
Also, since Chrism Mass is technically on Holy Thursday, the gloria is sung during Chrism Mass, even if it does not actually occur on Holy Thursday. In my diocese, for example, it is always on Tuesday of holy week.
 
I did not intend a thumbs down on the title of my last post. That was an accident.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top