Question for the Forum

• Thread starter Thread starter Piusx
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Piusx

**I have a question for the Forum.

About 15 yrs ago there was a name being tossed around as to the identity of the Anti-Christ.
There was even a picture passed around of him.

His name was Lord Metreya** of England. (Spelling??)

It is pronounced: Mah - Tray - Uh, if this helps.

He was not an elected member of the House of Lords, but one of those honorary members.

I have not heard of him in all these years.

Is anyone familiar with this name/man at all?
What became of him?
What became of the fact that this was the guy named as the antichrist?

And, was there any truth in this at all?
Partial Truth?
No Truth?

Just Wondering.

Thanks

PiusX

His name is actually spelled Maitreya. If you do a search there is some info about him in quite a few places. One guy named Benjamin Creme is supposedly preparing the way for him (I guess he is supposed to be the anti-John-the-Baptist) and has a site at www.shareintl.org. Another site is project.orgwww.maitreya if you care to look into him. (I didn’t have these readily available, I did a quick search to make sure I had the spelling right and his name popped up).

I don’t know what this guy really is about, although I confess to doing some study of him because some people believed him to be the anti-christ and I was curious. Then I resolved myself that there are two possibilities: 1) It was a hoax or bad attempt at publicity (as gilliam said), and I didn’t want to waste my time on a hoax. or 2) he really is the anti-christ, in which case I wouldn’t want to spend any more time on his sites polluting my mind with his beliefs. So I quite checking him out.

I don’t know for sure how end-times prophecy will play out, as much as I would like to. I just keep my heart on Jesus. 🙂

Blessings to you

I went to see Benjamin Creme in Paddington about 8 years ago. He’s claims that Maitrya is Jesus come again. I don’t think he’s the anti-John-the-Baptist, or that Maitreya is the anti-Christ or indeed the Christ, I just think they’re barking, woofing, howling mad.
http://www.dragonslist.com/discussion/images/smilies/wacko.gif

When I was there, he made several predictions that never came true (including the collapse of the world economy by March following).

Nice old attention seeking chap but as mad as a fish playing the trombone!

40.png
FightingFat:
I went to see Benjamin Creme in Paddington about 8 years ago. He’s claims that Maitrya is Jesus come again. I don’t think he’s the anti-John-the-Baptist, or that Maitreya is the anti-Christ or indeed the Christ, I just think they’re barking, woofing, howling mad.

When I was there, he made several predictions that never came true (including the collapse of the world economy by March following).

:rotfl: Mark I read your post as I was drinking my morning coffee…
I should have had a warning… 😃
I received a response from ‘pat’ I’m thinking he was surpised to hear from me 🙂

40.png
FightingFat:
I don’t think he’s the anti-John-the-Baptist, or that Maitreya is the anti-Christ or indeed the Christ, I just think they’re barking, woofing, howling mad.

I think, being pedantic, that that should be ante-John the Baptist. ie preceding J the B.

Would not a trombone playing fish be quite skilled? Though I prefer the Saxophone. A piscine Stan Getz would be worth a good long swim.:whacky:

40.png
Matt25:
I think, being pedantic, that that should be ante-John the Baptist. ie preceding J the B.
I’m not sure what you mean by that. The idea, I think, was that since John the Baptist prepared the way for the Christ, it would make sense that an “anti-John the Baptist” would prepare the way for the Anti-Christ.

aimee said:
:rotfl: Mark I read your post as I was drinking my morning coffee…
I should have had a warning… 😃

http://www.dragonslist.com/discussion/images/smilies/w00t.gif
40.png
aimee:
I received a response from ‘pat’ I’m thinking he was surpised to hear from me 🙂
Cool! I’m pretty sure that’s because he thinks everyone here ('cept me and Matt) hate him! Which is why I thought it would have been good for him to think otherwise! Spread a little joy eh aimee?
http://www.dragonslist.com/discussion/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

40.png
Matt25:
Would not a trombone playing fish be quite skilled? Though I prefer the Saxophone. A piscine Stan Getz would be worth a good long swim.:whacky:
LOL! Yes, but also impossible therefore a symptom of madness I would acertain!

🙂

**Thank you. Thank all of you for the answers.
I appreciate it. I was just curious is all.

It is nice to come to a place and get answers.

PiusX**

40.png
Jay74:
His name is actually spelled Maitreya. If you do a search there is some info about him in quite a few places. One guy named Benjamin Creme is supposedly preparing the way for him (I guess he is supposed to be the anti-John-the-Baptist) and has a site at www.shareintl.org. Another site is www.maitreyaproject.org if you care to look into him. (I didn’t have these readily available, I did a quick search to make sure I had the spelling right and his name popped up).

I don’t know what this guy really is about, although I confess to doing some study of him because some people believed him to be the anti-christ and I was curious. Then I resolved myself that there are two possibilities: 1) It was a hoax or bad attempt at publicity (as gilliam said), and I didn’t want to waste my time on a hoax. or 2) he really is the anti-christ, in which case I wouldn’t want to spend any more time on his sites polluting my mind with his beliefs. So I quite checking him out.

I don’t know for sure how end-times prophecy will play out, as much as I would like to. I just keep my heart on Jesus. 🙂

Blessings to you
**I appreciate your answer the most. Thank you so much.
I sure do not want to dwell on or get involved in something evil or just plain crazy. I was curious after reading some statement that Cardinal Biffi wrote saying that he knew who the antichrist was. It jogged my memory of the guy I mentioned and thought there was no harm in asking.
I feel you cleared things up for me.
Thanks again

PiusX

Piusx said:
I appreciate your answer the most. Thank you so much.
I sure do not want to dwell on or get involved in something evil or just plain crazy. I was curious after reading some statement that Cardinal Biffi wrote saying that he knew who the antichrist was. It jogged my memory of the guy I mentioned and thought there was no harm in asking.
I feel you cleared things up for me.
Thanks again

PiusX

You’re very welcome. 🙂 I find the anti-christ interesting, not so much because of him, but because when he pops up then our Lord’s victory over him is near. 🙂

Blessings to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back