Question for the older Catholics

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marcus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marcus

Guest
I have a question for older Catholics preferably 30 years plus. If you were to look back at your past and compare it to the knowledge you know now what wisdom would you your younger self or any other young catholic.
I am interested to know your answers
 
I think the important think is to keep learning about God. His Son, His Church and His love. I teach high school youth group and that keeps me learning. I am always trying to learn how young people “catch” the faith and how I can help them. I was confirmed in the lat 1940’s.
 
I wish I had understood that there’s an intellectual component and a heart component of the faith. I was always scrambling trying to learn more and more to feel Catholic enough, but the heart piece is what I needed most.

Great thread idea!
 
I have a question for older Catholics preferably 30 years plus
It’s my birthday this week and I’ll be 30 plus plus plus plus plus plus plus…Oh , I give up .

I would want to get more of the Holy Spirit .😄

I would advise the young to get more of the Holy Spirit AND to let the Spirit work in them .

Read what St Paul says . “The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control .” (Gal 5:22)…

What a world we would live in if we had loads of that fruit around .

But it comes at a price .

St Paul also says , "The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like…Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. "

I am sorry young folk , but me , and some other older ones , have not been very good at letting the Holy Spirit have His way by cooperating with Him in His work of crucifying the flesh .

We don’t leave the world in a good state of affairs . We have compromised with the values of a consumer society and all that it brings along . The British Prime Minister in 1957 said , "You have never had it so good "
He was talking about the consumer society , and so many of us fell for it .

Sorry ! And Good night and God bless .
 
Last edited:
Pray always.
Including when things are going well.
Including when you think you may be committing sins right and left.
Including when you don’t want to pray or feel it’s pointless or have fallen off the Sunday Mass bandwagon.

Pray, pray, pray.
Just Do It.
 
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
I’ve had a pretty good go at things, so far.
No complaints. I have always tried to accept His will, etc. in everything.
I have followed the Holy Spirit in most things, as far as I can tell.

I do wish, though, I hadn’t spent as much cash on booze…as I did.
I worked hard, played hard, believed hard, met many interesting people…
Sadly, some people died before their time - in these circles.

But I’d tell young religious people - not to drink -
but to be sober, as much as possible -
live quiet, peaceful, responsible lives.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top