Question for those Christians who are being taught by the Holy Spirit

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smile1934
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smile1934

Guest
Has the Holy Spirit/Jesus ever taught you a truth, scripturally true, that the Catholic Church doesn’t teach?

If so what would you, or did you do? I know that my question is an oxymoron to most Catholics, but what if?
 
(((Smile1934))))…that would probably fall into discussing personal revelation and I don’t think it’s allowed…so let me just say that I get sent on personal “quests” often-my calling came by way of Jeremias 33:3…and although God could have shown me whatever He wanted to-everything that I have been shown strengthens my Catholic roots…even Purgatory…how about you?
 
It’s virtually impossible to know that something is from the Holy Spirit without the help of the Church. We are body and soul, not pure spirits. We can’t really perceive Grace directly. That’s why we have the Sacraments, as physical signs to confirm the spiritual reality taking place by the Holy Spirit. If I believed that God had revealed to me some truth that does not contradict the Church, then I would accept it, but if it did contradict, then I would reject it. The Holy Spirit teaches primarily through the Living Magisterium, the Pope with all the Bishops in communion with him, and could not teach contradictions.
 
It’s virtually impossible to know that something is from the Holy Spirit without the help of the Church. We are body and soul, not pure spirits. We can’t really perceive Grace directly. That’s why we have the Sacraments, as physical signs to confirm the spiritual reality taking place by the Holy Spirit. If I believed that God had revealed to me some truth that does not contradict the Church, then I would accept it, but if it did contradict, then I would reject it. The Holy Spirit teaches primarily through the Living Magisterium, the Pope with all the Bishops in communion with him, and could not teach contradictions.
(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

(John 10:3-5) “The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the flock; the gatekeeper lets him in, the sheep hear his voice, on by one he calls his own sheep and leads them out.”

Jesus told us that we would receive his Holy Spirit and we then would not need anyone to teach us. Jesus also told us that his people would hear his voice.

From what I have read this forum doesn’t allow people to witness to personal revelation.

If the Catholic Church doesn’t have anything to fear, because it has never taught anything that objects to God’s Word, then why is it scared of personal revelation?

Where does it say, in the written Word of God that only the Church? “The Holy Spirit teaches primarily through the Living Magisterium.”

Allowing any origination the right to say only it can determine the truth is to me very dangerous.
 
(((Smile1934))))…that would probably fall into discussing personal revelation and I don’t think it’s allowed…so let me just say that I get sent on personal “quests” often-my calling came by way of Jeremias 33:3…and although God could have shown me whatever He wanted to-everything that I have been shown strengthens my Catholic roots…even Purgatory…how about you?
If what happened to me is what you share I would doubt very much that it was Jesus/Holy Spirit teaching me.

(Matthew 5:43-44) “You have learnt how it was said, you must love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but I say this to you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”

(Matthew 5:39) “You have learnt how it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance.”

(Matthew 23:8-12) “You, however, must not allow yourselves to be called Rabbi, since you have only one Master, and you are all brothers. You must call no one on earth your father, since you have only one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor must you allow yourselves to be called teachers, for you have only one Teacher, the Christ. The greatest among you must be your servant. Anyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and anyone who humbles himself will be exalted.”
 
(((((Smile1934)))))…don’t be so sure…God is multifaceted and I’ve been around many whose Catholic experience is almost totally by the Book and seems almost foreign to my own that is more spiritual by description because of what I’ve been shown and yet I have no problem reconciling the two…the Church is forever-the people are the ones who are growing spiritually in awareness and that’s only through the gifts of the Holy Spirit-some have one gift-some have many… the New Testament is all about the Love of God and the Holy Spirit writing on the heart…let’s just say not everyone is at the same place at the same time -but that’s how we learn and seek to learn…Divinity speaks to each of us in ways we can understand…I think you will find that MANY have had an epiphany of sorts-…remember it is the Fruits of the spirit that tell you where it comes from…so it is not necessary to detail the experience for others to “see” the results of the Holy Spirit working in your life-or not…remember too that lower level entities(I refuse to give them recognition by calling them by name)have found themselves a real prize in someone who professes to love God-and yet affronts Him by spreading hate,turmoil and confusion in His Name-the Church is immune from those attacks-the individuals in it may or may not be-but they’ve come to the right place to find the way-and of course it’s no coincidence that you found your way here-but perhaps not exactly for the reason you thought…((hugs)) God Bless
 
… I get the feeling you are confused about what you see as some Catholic beliefs and possible conflict with what you were shown-perhaps we should discuss those…that’s why you were “prompted” to post your question…:angel1:
 
Jesus told us that we would receive his Holy Spirit and we then would not need anyone to teach us. Jesus also told us that his people would hear his voice.
Watch out for pride. Who is in this world that does not need anyone to teach him? Don’t forget that God uses others to teach us and if we are prideful enough, we plug our ears up.
From what I have read this forum doesn’t allow people to witness to personal revelation.

If the Catholic Church doesn’t have anything to fear, because it has never taught anything that objects to God’s Word, then why is it scared of personal revelation?
This forum does not allow personal revelation because personal revelation is not always correct and it can lead others people to the wrong path.

Obivously, if you say you need no one to teach you if the Holy Spirit guide you, then what is the point of you being here. We are too lead by the Holy Spirit but don’t forget that God use not only His voice but also the voices of the humble persons around us.

Don’t you see the results of the divisions among Christians because each one group claims it’s being lead by the Holy Spirit?
 
(((((Smile1934)))))…don’t be so sure…God is multifaceted and I’ve been around many whose Catholic experience is almost totally by the Book and seems almost foreign to my own that is more spiritual by description because of what I’ve been shown and yet I have no problem reconciling the two…the Church is forever-the people are the ones who are growing spiritually in awareness and that’s only through the gifts of the Holy Spirit-some have one gift-some have many… the New Testament is all about the Love of God and the Holy Spirit writing on the heart…let’s just say not everyone is at the same place at the same time -but that’s how we learn and seek to learn…Divinity speaks to each of us in ways we can understand…I think you will find that MANY have had an epiphany of sorts-…remember it is the Fruits of the spirit that tell you where it comes from…so it is not necessary to detail the experience for others to “see” the results of the Holy Spirit working in your life-or not…remember too that lower level entities(I refuse to give them recognition by calling them by name)have found themselves a real prize in someone who professes to love God-and yet affronts Him by spreading hate,turmoil and confusion in His Name-the Church is immune from those attacks-the individuals in it may or may not be-but they’ve come to the right place to find the way-and of course it’s no coincidence that you found your way here-but perhaps not exactly for the reason you thought…((hugs)) God Bless
God is? We all are going to be judge by the written Word of God??? One’s understanding of God’s Word is limited by one’s experience. From my experience most people are babies when it comes to their relationship with God.

(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people? “

WE were called to become perfect. Yet very few if any believe one can become perfect. The Church, in my opinion, has forgotten how it is one can become perfect.
 
(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”
The anointing He gave me I received in the Church, so whatever I am taught cannot contradict this teaching I received. Simple logic.
If the Catholic Church doesn’t have anything to fear, because it has never taught anything that objects to God’s Word, then why is it scared of personal revelation?
She is not scared of personal revelation, but of persons who claim revelation without adequate discernment, and lead people astray. Rather like what John is discussing in the verse you quote.
Where does it say, in the written Word of God that only the Church? “The Holy Spirit teaches primarily through the Living Magisterium.”
where does it say, in the written Word of God, that every truth of faith can only be found in the written Word of God?
“*Stand firm then, brothers, and keep the traditions that we taught you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.” *(2 Thess. 2:15).
Allowing any origination the right to say only it can determine the truth is to me very dangerous.
That is true for every man-made organization. But the Church is founded by God, and teaches with divine authority.
 
1John 4:16-18 and so we know and rely on the love God has for us.God is Love.Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
In this way,love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment,because in this world we are like Him.
There is no fear in love.But perfect love drives out fear,because fear has to do with punishment.The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Proverbs3:5,6…Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight

Keep in mind you wouldn’t have the Bible without the Church-the Church compiled it…so using it against the Church is a little like biting the hand that feeds you…:eek:
 
The anointing He gave me I received in the Church, so whatever I am taught cannot contradict this teaching I received. Simple logic.

She is not scared of personal revelation, but of persons who claim revelation without adequate discernment, and lead people astray. Rather like what John is discussing in the verse you quote.

where does it say, in the written Word of God, that every truth of faith can only be found in the written Word of God?
“*Stand firm then, brothers, and keep the traditions that we taught you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.” *(2 Thess. 2:15).

That is true for every man-made organization. But the Church is founded by God, and teaches with divine authority.
First a Church did not give us the written Word of God. The Holy Spirit inspired man to write the Word of God.

Remember this: (Galatians 1:7-9) “Not that there can be more than one Good News; it is merely that some troublemakers among you want to change the Good News of Christ; and let me warn you that if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one we have already preached to you, whether it by ourselves or an angel from heaven, he is to be condemned. I am only repeating what we told you before; if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one you have already heard, he is to be condemned.”

(Matthew 5:39) “You have learnt how it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance.”

(Matthew 5:43-44) “You have learnt how it was said, you must love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but I say this to you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”
 
Who do you think compiled those written works into the first Bible-and who do you think painstakingly translated and transcribed them word for word book by book- who do you think discerned them as the written Word of God in the first place???Whose hands did God give that authority…the Church…👍
 
All I can really say to this is every time I feel I have recieved guidance from the Holy Spirit, often times it is more something that helps me in my specific situation and spiritual predicament, rather than defining specific doctrine.
 
All I can really say to this is every time I feel I have recieved guidance from the Holy Spirit, often times it is more something that helps me in my specific situation and spiritual predicament, rather than defining specific doctrine.
I am not saying it wasn’t god’s people, his church that the Holy Spirit used to write the Bible.

What I am saying is that the Christian Church of today in not the Church of God. The reason I say this is because of what Paul wrote.

Remember this: (Galatians 1:7-9) “Not that there can be more than one Good News; it is merely that some troublemakers among you want to change the Good News of Christ; and let me warn you that if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one we have already preached to you, whether it by ourselves or an angel from heaven, he is to be condemned. I am only repeating what we told you before; if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one you have already heard, he is to be condemned.”

You see the Church hasn’t been teaching God’s Word since Constantine the Great took the Church down Satan’s path.

(Matthew 5:39) “You have learnt how it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance.”
 
((((Smile1934))))…you give no credit to God and how He works-the Church is not corrupted-she stands and perseveres-…throughout ALL the trials, tribulations and attacks from without and within since Peter-She is the foundation of Christianity-people come and go-but the Church stands…that Presence is ordained by God…not man…it is the roots and trunk of the Christian tree- other christian churches are “out on a limb”…so to speak…
 
Let me ask you this- …from what you have said so far and in reference to your initial question…has God shown you tenents of Faith that were introduced into the early Church?..if so -that would fall under private revelation…in that instance it is not meant to turn you away from the Church- but rather TOWARDS appreciation of the foundation of the Church…just keep in mind that God has set up perimeters in the Church for ALL…the Holy Spirit works within those perimeters by giving some an appreciation of the larger picture and how it all fits together-not everyone is ready for that larger picture(-the Holy Spirit knows this.).so they cling to what they DO know out of fear-those are the ones who seem to have made the Bible their God…being able to release that fear in FAITH in God is the next step-they realize God is very much alive and offers guidance through His Word- but also writes on the heart as well…keep in mind that Catholicism is all about belief in things seen and unseen-it’s in the creed-it is Faith based -not sola scriptura…the Bible is just the first step- not the last…in the beginning was the Word… the end is the living God and a personal relationship with Him…Faith and Trust are what comes in between-…the Church is on the right track in God’s time…trust that…👍
 
Has the Holy Spirit/Jesus ever taught you a truth, scripturally true, that the Catholic Church doesn’t teach?

If so what would you, or did you do? I know that my question is an oxymoron to most Catholics, but what if?
Dear friend
If you feel you have had a locution, inspiration or other communication that is contrary to anything in the faith which includes scripture it is not from God. Talk to a good priest loyal to the pope if in doubt.
God bless:)
 
Let me ask you this- …from what you have said so far and in reference to your initial question…has God shown you tenents of Faith that were introduced into the early Church?..if so -that would fall under private revelation…in that instance it is not meant to turn you away from the Church- but rather TOWARDS appreciation of the foundation of the Church…just keep in mind that God has set up perimeters in the Church for ALL…the Holy Spirit works within those perimeters by giving some an appreciation of the larger picture and how it all fits together-not everyone is ready for that larger picture(-the Holy Spirit knows this.).so they cling to what they DO know out of fear-those are the ones who seem to have made the Bible their God…being able to release that fear in FAITH in God is the next step-they realize God is very much alive and offers guidance through His Word- but also writes on the heart as well…keep in mind that Catholicism is all about belief in things seen and unseen-it’s in the creed-it is Faith based -not sola scriptura…the Bible is just the first step- not the last…in the beginning was the Word… the end is the living God and a personal relationship with Him…Faith and Trust are what comes in between-…the Church is on the right track in God’s time…trust that…👍
Interesting points! Now all one has to do is discover who it is that can’t see the whole picture.

You seem to believe that the Roman Catholic Church is the one true church. You then seem to believe that it can teach any doctrine it wants.

I say that no one or no origination has the right to teach any version of the Good News other than what Jesus taught.

I believe that the written Word of God is truly God’s Word. I believe we all will be judged by how we lived God’s Word. I also believe man, on the whole, stopped listening to the Holy Spirit. Man is now following man and his teachings.

It is a shame that an origination such as the Catholic Church, with a history of manipulation by so many ungodly men, can still believe it is the church that Jesus founded. When it’s members today are presented with proof that it’s teachings are not in line with God’s Words the proofs are ignored. If not ignored watered down, said the words were not meant for us, or hyperbole.

Jesus told us we didn’t need man to teach us, because we all have had been given the Holy Spirit to teach us. Man tells us we can
‘t trust the Holy Spirit. Of course man will say that if he wants control.
 
**God’s merciful love opens the days of Lent, a time to give attention to **what God has called us to in our baptism. “Now is the acceptable time! Now is the day of salvation!” (2 Cor 6:2) St. Paul cries out to us.
** The word “Now” wakes us up. It tugs at us to turn away from the merely trivial and direct our minds and hearts to God. To be human is to dwell in limitation. We have only so many *nows ***We can waste them and then look back with regret at how uselessly we have spent them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top