S
sacristan1
Guest
My question is regarding the altar cloth at my new parish. Everywhere I have served there has always been a white altar cloth on the altar for mass. At the parish I am attending now, the top altar cloth is always the color of the liturgical season. There is a small white cloth at the side where the altar servers patens are placed for cleaning during the purification and of course the white corporal, but no white cloth covering the mensa. I am familiar with the GIRM # 304 that gives instruction on the altar cloth indicating the uppermost cloth on the altar must be white in color. How can I approach this matter gingerly. This truly bothers me and I am so new that I just don’t know how to go about asking about it. Do I just let it go or bring it to someone’s attention?