Question on Gregorian masses

  • Thread starter Thread starter TempleofTheSoul
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TempleofTheSoul

Guest
Dear Caf members… A few weeks ago I had paid for Gregorian masses to be said for a friend of mine whose soul was in great peril. My friend unfortunately committed suicide just recently. I can’t tell you just how anguished her family and I feel.

Due to the fact that my friend is now deceased would I have to pay for another set of Gregorian masses or does the fact that I had already dedicated these Gregorian masses in her name still gain some merit/grace for her?

I don’t know if my explanation makes any sense. Please pray for her soul.

Thank you and God bless
 
Grace is applied to the soul, not to the body, and it’s the same soul before and after death. So it doesn’t matter.

But suicide can be a very serious thing. You might consider having additional Masses offered on her behalf anyway.

I’m sorry for your loss.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top