Questioning God and faith

• Thread starter Thread starter scared
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
scared:
As for specific questions the biggest is God’s existence. Up until August of last year I never only had vague doubts about his existence. That changed when the realization of what was happening, of course being punted by my own parish priest didn’t help. I keep thinking I should have faith, I did before, but it is gone.
As for the existence of God, we can know for certain that there has always existed something real and actual, though without knowing it precisely.

A simple consideration:
  1. Nothing can come from “total nothingness”
  2. But there is not “total nothingness” now
  3. Therefore, there never was “total nothingness”
It is logical, sensible, and reasonable that “God” always existed, because the only alternative is that nothing ever existed, which is clearly false.

So much for the natural consideration. After seeing this, we still have to have faith that this God rewards those who seek Him.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please God. For he that cometh to God, must believe that he is, and is a rewarder to them that seek him.

Matthew 6:33 Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and you shall find: knock, and it shall be opened to you.

So while you say it is gone, I say you must put in some effort to find it, and to keep it.

Luke 11:28 But he said: Yea rather, blessed are they who hear the word of God, and keep it.

hurst

Thank you for your Prayers Hurst:

The story is very touching and no doubt very true of what would probably happen to those that are faithful and find God even at the end.

I struggle with the faith and the existance of things. As for putting effort in I have I sometimes sat in Mass and thought that I should have a wall infront of me so I could pound my head into it because I am trying and all I am getting is one huge headache. I have not stopped going to mass yet, it just nothing, I do appeases my priest, or myself. I feel no peace, I have only turmoil when I enter the church, I keep asking myself why I am there, there is no reason, yet I still pigheadly keep going.

scared

Dear Scared,
I’m so sorry you have this cross to bear. The pain you are in comes across loud and clear. At those times in my life when I doubted God’s existence and the validity of his church there were two things that always brought me back; The Eucharistic miracles (Lanciano, Italy among others) and the Marian apparitions, especially Fatima. I believe God gave us these extraordinary miracles because he knew that some of us were too weak in faith to persevere without t
hem. They have bolstered me when I thought I would falter.
I will pray that, in any case, you will find what you need to persevere. May God watch over you and bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back