M
marci
Guest
I have some questions about VII and I never seem to be able to get a straight answer. There are plenty of so called “traditional catholic” websites out there that make all kinds of claims, but I don’t know if I can trust them.
Here it goes,
Does VII contradict prior councils (such as Trent) about salvation outside the catholic church?
Did members of other religious faiths take part in the council?
Was the VII council infallible?
Why were the changes in the liturgy made? What was wrong with the mass before?
Why the referenses to “the spirit of VII”? Why weren’t the documents more clear? Wouldn’t the “spirit”, or “intent” be spelled out plainly?
Why did so much craziness (for lack of a better word) break out during the post councicular era? (not sure if that’s a word, sorry)
Finally, Did VII change dogma/doctrine?
I was born in the early 70’s so I never experienced the church pre-VII. Most of my family are traditional, and blame alot of the liturgical abuse, the scandals, the catholic divorce rates, the lack of catholics attending mass regularly, the terrible state of catechism, and anything else one can think of on the VII council.
Please, someone help me with this, because what I have read so far, I find to be alarming to say the least.
PS. Please be as specific as you can, and any advise on books or websites with reliable info. would be great.
God Bless,
Here it goes,
Does VII contradict prior councils (such as Trent) about salvation outside the catholic church?
Did members of other religious faiths take part in the council?
Was the VII council infallible?
Why were the changes in the liturgy made? What was wrong with the mass before?
Why the referenses to “the spirit of VII”? Why weren’t the documents more clear? Wouldn’t the “spirit”, or “intent” be spelled out plainly?
Why did so much craziness (for lack of a better word) break out during the post councicular era? (not sure if that’s a word, sorry)
Finally, Did VII change dogma/doctrine?
I was born in the early 70’s so I never experienced the church pre-VII. Most of my family are traditional, and blame alot of the liturgical abuse, the scandals, the catholic divorce rates, the lack of catholics attending mass regularly, the terrible state of catechism, and anything else one can think of on the VII council.
Please, someone help me with this, because what I have read so far, I find to be alarming to say the least.
PS. Please be as specific as you can, and any advise on books or websites with reliable info. would be great.
God Bless,