B
bmoon412
Guest
Hi! I have been studying the Catholic faith for about 2 or 3 years now and have also been a frequent reader of these forums. I find the case for Catholicism very convincing and have even started attending Mass. I do have one big issue that has been the biggest stumbling block to converting. I know it has been discussed many times on this forum but I need to ask anyway. The issue is the salvation of those who have never even heard of Christ. In Scripture it seems clear that actually knowing and putting faith in Christ is absolutely necessary for salvation. I know the Catholic Church leaves open the possibility of salvation for those who have not heard and while I like the idea of it I feel like I am going away from the Gospel and Christ if I accept that. I feel so torn and don’t know what to do…