Questions on joining the military

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheUserName
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheUserName

Guest
I’m considering joining the U.S. military (if I can get in shape, haha). I’m a19 year old man and would probably go through ROTC, but I have a few questions first. I’d really like to hear from those recently or currently in the military:
I’m considering
Army enlisted, probably military police or EOD.
Army officer, probably some combat arms branch
Army JAG, but I’m concerned about what “family law” means after DADT repeal.
Marine officer, probably some combat arms branch
I’m open to other suggestions

So here are my questions:
1: Putting aside just war issues (I’ll get to those in a minute) what is the general moral environment like? Remember I’d be one of the younger guys.

2:Moral issues again: Right now I’m in college but DON’T live in a dorm, and it seems that, other than the ocassional secularist political appeal, there isn’t that much moral risk. This is probably because I avoid any and all parties, drinking, dirty materials, lewdness, etc, and am not that talkative. I’m wondering if the military is like that, where I can avoid the stuff?

3: Are there any other significant moral risks, particularly with sins of the flesh? I got over impurity a few years ago and really want to stay over it.

4: Less serious issue: I’m a geeky engineering major. I’m big, and I used to be in to wrestling and the like, but I’m still fairly nerdy. Should that be cause for concern?

5:Just war issues: I know military service in general is good, but what would be the considerations if a war was unjust? What if the role was primarily a peacekeeping/counter-insurgency after the inital attack? Please, cite a good source, I’d rather not rely on speculation on this point.

6:JAG-specific: What does “family law” entail, and is it mandatory or do I pick an area of specialty?
 
I’m considering joining the U.S. military (if I can get in shape, haha). I’m a19 year old man and would probably go through ROTC, but I have a few questions first. I’d really like to hear from those recently or currently in the military:
I’m considering
Army enlisted, probably military police or EOD.
Army officer, probably some combat arms branch
Army JAG, but I’m concerned about what “family law” means after DADT repeal.
Marine officer, probably some combat arms branch
I’m open to other suggestions

So here are my questions:
1: Putting aside just war issues (I’ll get to those in a minute) what is the general moral environment like? Remember I’d be one of the younger guys.

2:Moral issues again: Right now I’m in college but DON’T live in a dorm, and it seems that, other than the ocassional secularist political appeal, there isn’t that much moral risk. This is probably because I avoid any and all parties, drinking, dirty materials, lewdness, etc, and am not that talkative. I’m wondering if the military is like that, where I can avoid the stuff?

3: Are there any other significant moral risks, particularly with sins of the flesh? I got over impurity a few years ago and really want to stay over it.

4: Less serious issue: I’m a geeky engineering major. I’m big, and I used to be in to wrestling and the like, but I’m still fairly nerdy. Should that be cause for concern?

5:Just war issues: I know military service in general is good, but what would be the considerations if a war was unjust? What if the role was primarily a peacekeeping/counter-insurgency after the inital attack? Please, cite a good source, I’d rather not rely on speculation on this point.

6:JAG-specific: What does “family law” entail, and is it mandatory or do I pick an area of specialty?

  1. You will be put in uncomfortable situations, but remember that you control your actions. No one is going to force you to go to parties, look at dirty materials, perform lewd acts, and so on. Alcohol control is very big in the military right now. Getting a DUI is oftentimes catastrophic. But becoming social is very important, as a military career, just like any profession, depends at least partially on people skills.
  2. See #2
  3. There will be no problem with being an eng; in fact, the military quite likes that, especially the Navy and Air Force. If by nerdy you mean that you are antisocial and awkward, then yes, you are going to have problems, especially if you want upward career mobility. Remember also that you are going to have to meet height and weight standards. Once you are in you should be able to get by on body fat measurements, however.
  4. Someone else chime in.
  5. Someone else chime in, no experience.
I advise you to consider all branches, including the Coast Guard. Do not just go by romantic images in your mind of being some tough soldier/Marine. Furthermore, getting into a professional program like JAG is oftentimes exponentially more difficult, although this is somewhat relative. Since you are already in college, you should make contact with ROTC detachments immediately.

If you decide to enlist rather than pursue a commission, you should contact a recruiter, but probably not until you near the end of your college career, should you decide to complete your degree. There isn’t much use for a JD if you decide to enlist.

From your post, I do not think you would have too difficult a life in the military. You will sometimes have almost a burning longing to go to Mass as often as possible!
 
Being that you study engineering I’m surprised you haven’t considered any Engineering Corps or R&D type stuff. I bet the military is on the bleeding edge of many engineering fields.
 
Whatever you do don’t go combat arms in the Army.

The army is more full of it than a cop on tv.

Marines, Air force combat arms…idk so I can’t comment.

OTOH they could definitely use some real Christians.

Don’t rely on older people to tell you anything. It has all changed and very much for the worse.

The modern Army combat arms MOS’s are full of demonic activity. That is not a metaphor.

They do things like remix christmas songs into saying things like “saw a lady with a baby. I chamber a round, they both hit the ground … walkin in a bravo wonder land” (in reference to 11b infantry).

It is (I AM NOT JOKING) infested with disciplined homosexual snitches with no faith (this is a recent development from what i hear).

So like I said… On one hand they could really use you… On the other hand someone needs to do a decent job warning you.

When my cousin got shot in Iraq by an ak, they told him he had to buy his own vest if he wanted a new one. He was a 11d so you know he was going to see plenty more combat.

It is very disgusting to know the truth of what the modern day Army has become. If you want to do a lot of good you have a chance to do it especially as a combat arms officer. You will suffer a lot, and a lot of faithless swine will surround you for much of your day.

Okay I warned you so my conscience is clear. I was really hoping someone would beat me to it but sadly most of them don’t talk about it (they kill themselves).

OOOHH and I have to warn you about nut to but. In enlisted OSUT many cycles experience what is called “nut-to-butt”. If you are not talking to someone who can tell you what that is you are not talking to someone who has your best interests in mind (if you are considering army combat arms).

There is more terrible stuff going on. If you really want details PM me I don’t want to list them all.

My only intention is to tell you the truth about what you are considering from an unbiased perspective.

I love our troops, but I can not stand what the modern Army has become.

OOO 1 more thing! If you get a bonus don’t get your legs blown off. Remember you have to finish that contract. If you get your legs blown off because they wanted to be cheap with the under armor guess whose paycheck that is coming out of… I will give you a hint it is not the generals or the 1st sergeants. Do not lose any limbs they WILL take your bonus from you for not finishing your contract.

Does that give you an idea?
 
If you are thinking of going into the military, why don’t you try the Navy. It has a much higher quality of life.
You are questioning about temptations…aboard ship, temptations are minimal because porn of any type is forbidden and not tolerated. And, although women are now part of a ships crew as both enlisted and officer personnel, sexual contact of any kind is strictly forbidden and these things are not only strictly enforced, but the penalties are severe!
Lastly, whether officer or enlisted, you live in a clean environment, get 3 hot meals a day and get to sleep in a real bed every night, whereas in the army or marine corps, you spend much of your time living in somewhat primitive conditions.
And, the Navy has a very large, active JAG Corps, if that is your interest.
You really should talk to a Naval Officer on your campus about it.
 
I’m considering joining the U.S. military (if I can get in shape, haha). I’m a19 year old man and would probably go through ROTC, but I have a few questions first. I’d really like to hear from those recently or currently in the military:
I’m considering
Army enlisted, probably military police or EOD.
You can’t enlist for EOD.
Army officer, probably some combat arms branch
If you want a degree, go ROTC. It’s easier to get on the front end than on the back end (enlisting for college money, the GI Bill has some heavy course load requirements, and once you’re out the military really doesn’t care if go or not)
Army JAG, but I’m concerned about what “family law” means after DADT repeal.
Marine officer, probably some combat arms branch
I would highly suggest you do some indepth research on the Corps prior to joining it.
I’m open to other suggestions
If you like engineering, I would suggest looking into Navy or Air Force ROTC.

So here are my questions:
1: Putting aside just war issues (I’ll get to those in a minute) what is the general moral environment like? Remember I’d be one of the younger guys.
The moral environment is mixed and depends a lot on what type of unit you go to, the people in that unit, and who you hang out with (biggest factor in determining the environment). I knew guys who lived at the extremes of morality, with the norm being somewhere between these two extremes. Drinking and sleeping around is considered ok, but a guy who doesn’t do that doesn’t face to much flak if he knows how to deal with the joking and has a thick skin. Other than those two the military is rather conservative when it comes to morality.

2:Moral issues again: Right now I’m in college but DON’T live in a dorm, and it seems that, other than the ocassional secularist political appeal, there isn’t that much moral risk. This is probably because I avoid any and all parties, drinking, dirty materials, lewdness, etc, and am not that talkative. I’m wondering if the military is like that, where I can avoid the stuff?
You can avoid it as long as your fellow troopers know your avoiding it because you don’t like to do that stuff and your avoidance isn’t because you think you are better than they are. We had a guy who didn’t drink, didn’t swear, didn’t sleep around, didn’t (insert vice here). One of the best loved guys in the unit (the fact he was humble and didn’t go around with a “I’m better than you” attitude played a big role in his popularity.

3: Are there any other significant moral risks, particularly with sins of the flesh? I got over impurity a few years ago and really want to stay over it.
Yes. It all comes down to self discipline and self control. Hanging out with the “right” type of people also helps in that they usually don’t engage in immoral activities.

4: Less serious issue: I’m a geeky engineering major. I’m big, and I used to be in to wrestling and the like, but I’m still fairly nerdy. Should that be cause for concern?
The military is the secret home of the geek. If you can name a geeky activity, I’m pretty sure I knew someone who did it. Once again, it comes down to how well you fit in with the rest of the guys and how well you can take good natured joking around.

5:Just war issues: I know military service in general is good, but what would be the considerations if a war was unjust? What if the role was primarily a peacekeeping/counter-insurgency after the inital attack? Please, cite a good source, I’d rather not rely on speculation on this point.
The US military has a different definition of “just” than the Church does There are a couple of field manuals (FMs) that cover this subject, but I forgot their numbers.

6:JAG-specific: What does “family law” entail, and is it mandatory or do I pick an area of specialty?
 
Whatever you do don’t go combat arms in the Army.

The army is more full of it than a cop on tv.

Marines, Air force combat arms…idk so I can’t comment.

OTOH they could definitely use some real Christians.

Don’t rely on older people to tell you anything. It has all changed and very much for the worse.

The modern Army combat arms MOS’s are full of demonic activity. That is not a metaphor.
They do things like remix christmas songs into saying things like “saw a lady with a baby. I chamber a round, they both hit the ground … walkin in a bravo wonder land” (in reference to 11b infantry).
Please. Soldiers have been marching to cadences like that since the Greek and Roman times.
It is (I AM NOT JOKING) infested with disciplined homosexual snitches with no faith (this is a recent development from what i hear).
So don’t trust the older guys, but trust a guy who hears it from another guy? Yeah.
So like I said… On one hand they could really use you… On the other hand someone needs to do a decent job warning you.

When my cousin got shot in Iraq by an ak, they told him he had to buy his own vest if he wanted a new one. He was a 11d so you know he was going to see plenty more combat.
When exactly did he go over and where was he stationed at? I went over in '05 and '07. No one left the states without an OTV and plates, and if I remember correctly, no one deployed (especially combat troops) in the initial invasion without one. Was your cousin in the NG by chance?

It is very disgusting to know the truth of what the modern day Army has become. If you want to do a lot of good you have a chance to do it especially as a combat arms officer.
Indicates to me you have no clue how the military operates. The best place to do the most good is as an NCO.
You will suffer a lot, and a lot of faithless swine will surround you for much of your day.
faithless swine? Really?

Okay I warned you so my conscience is clear. I was really hoping someone would beat me to it but sadly most of them don’t talk about it (they kill themselves).

OOOHH and I have to warn you about nut to but. In enlisted OSUT many cycles experience what is called “nut-to-butt”. If you are not talking to someone who can tell you what that is you are not talking to someone who has your best interests in mind (if you are considering army combat arms).
Only time I heard that phrase was when the Drills wanted to squeeze us into as small a space as physically possible without causing the universe to implode. They also like to use the phrase “Squeeze it in girls, we need to fit X number more on the cattle car.” /Gasp, they called guys girls. The horror.
There is more terrible stuff going on. If you really want details PM me I don’t want to list them all.

My only intention is to tell you the truth about what you are considering from an unbiased perspective.

I love our troops, but I can not stand what the modern Army has become.

OOO 1 more thing! If you get a bonus don’t get your legs blown off. Remember you have to finish that contract. If you get your legs blown off because they wanted to be cheap with the under armor guess whose paycheck that is coming out of… I will give you a hint it is not the generals or the 1st sergeants. Do not lose any limbs they WILL take your bonus from you for not finishing your contract.
No, they won’t.

Does that give you an idea?
Yes, that someone’s tinfoil hat is on too tight.
 
If you are thinking of going into the military, why don’t you try the Navy. It has a much higher quality of life.
You are questioning about temptations…aboard ship, temptations are minimal because porn of any type is forbidden and not tolerated. And, although women are now part of a ships crew as both enlisted and officer personnel, sexual contact of any kind is strictly forbidden and these things are not only strictly enforced, but the penalties are severe!
Lastly, whether officer or enlisted, you live in a clean environment, get 3 hot meals a day and get to sleep in a real bed every night, whereas in the army or marine corps, you spend much of your time living in somewhat primitive conditions.
And, the Navy has a very large, active JAG Corps, if that is your interest.
You really should talk to a Naval Officer on your campus about it.
This is good…
Better would be the Naval academy, if your able to get in.
Best is the United States Merchant Marine Academy, again, if you can get in. You will graduate an Naval officer but will be able to transfer to ANY branch upon graduation. You will also graduate with an Engineering Degree and the most rounded education one can receive.
 
Being that you study engineering I’m surprised you haven’t considered any Engineering Corps or R&D type stuff. I bet the military is on the bleeding edge of many engineering fields.
I had to laugh at that one. I was in ROTC and an engineer major. So I first looked at the Corp of Engineers. My first cadet assignment was to review depth markings for Lake St. Clair ( between Michigan and Ontario).

I switched over to Armor, as that had more in the way of mechanical expertise than the Engineers did.

If you are going into Civil Engineering, that would really be the way to go. Otherwise, maybe not. EE’s might do well in the Signal Corp ( which is actually a Combat Arm)

To the OP, I would highly recommend going the ROTC\Officer route, not the least of which is that the behavior expected of Officers is much more in line with Catholic moral philosophy than what you will find in the barracks.

It’s more challenging, as you really should be able to do everything that you ask of the enlisted, but you have to handle the paperwork and general responsibility of it all as well.

By the time I was a Captain, I had to know about as much of the mechanics of an Abrams as my maintenance Sgt;, do the work, not only on my tanks, but any others that were falling behind; be confident enough to deploy my units where they needed to be, and then spend my nights filing out all the paperwork that was needed to run a Troop.

But it was all worth it.
 
in response to old catholic guy : 1) really? does any unit actually march to that cadence? I really would like to think not.
2) you are assuming something. sometimes people give 3rd hand accounts of 1st hand experience.
3)No he was AD. They sent him with the plates intact. When they got shot and blown up, they told him to buy his own if he wanted new. This is in the middle of a 11d deployment since you were in I’m sure you know what that means. Was I not clear enough about what happened?
4) To fix the modern army, we need better officers. They are letting certain NCO’s get away with stuff they should be kicked out for. I’m not talking about hitting the privates either (in fact, I don’t see much of a problem with that compared to the measures they are taking now).
5) Yes,that is right. Faithless swine. It is infested with them(I hear it wasn’t always like that). I was warning him so he knows what his teams mind frame could be like. He has to back up their actions in the field and cover for their mistakes. Also, risk his life for them sometimes.
6) WOW! that is NOT what I am talking about. Ask a 11d who went to ft. knox around 09 I know for a fact it was a daily routine for them. They say “Nut-to-butt privates” at least 10 times a day. There will be PLENTY of space they just want to be gay. It is no lie. Tankers had to do it too IDK who all else did.
7) YES THE HECK THEY WILL. WHAT ARMY WERE U IN!?
8) Don’t resort to insults, you were in the army recently enough to know better. You know you are trying to downplay the situation as much as possible. If you were in a scout or infantry unit you definitely know better and you are trying to lead him astray on something that will affect his entire life.
 
in response to old catholic guy :
  1. really? does any unit actually march to that cadence? I really would like to think not.
    Yes real units actually do march to these type cadences. Usage has gone down and they have been cleaned up since they started integrating genders (if these offend you, you’d faint at the ones prior to gender integration), but they still get used.
  2. you are assuming something. sometimes people give 3rd hand accounts of 1st hand experience.
    No, I’m pointing out that you told the OP to ignore guys with actual 1st hand experience and listen instead to someone with zero 1st hand experience.
    3)No he was AD. They sent him with the plates intact. When they got shot and blown up, they told him to buy his own if he wanted new.
    Then your cousin is either pulling your leg or didn’t have a clue as to what was going on. Since he is 11D, that means he deployed after I got out (Scouts were 19D when I was in). That means after '07 and after any sort of shortages of plates in theatre. Having been a Troop XO, I can tell you he would have had to sign for new plates from, depending on how his unit handled their property books, either his unit (TRP, SQDN, BDE) or, depending on where he was stationed, the FOB supply warehouse. The only time he would have to pay out of pocket would be if he was found to have damaged or destroyed them out of carelessness or neglect (and he wouldn’t be paying for the new ones, but for the ones he broke). Breakage due to normal wear and tear or combat operations falls outside the above.
This is in the middle of a 11d deployment since you were in I’m sure you know what that means. Was I not clear enough about what happened?
I have no clue what a 11D deployment is because that’s not how the Army deploys soldiers. You deploy under your unit orders. Your MOS only comes into play when the Army is figuring out what unit to stick you in (as does special skills and rank).
4) To fix the modern army, we need better officers. They are letting certain NCO’s get away with stuff they should be kicked out for. I’m not talking about hitting the privates either (in fact, I don’t see much of a problem with that compared to the measures they are taking now).
So, people with zero ZERO experience in the military, the military culture, combat, and just the bare basics of the necessary leadership and military skills can do a better job at fixing the military than people who have years of experience and have literally earned their way up from the bottom? Sure, I guess that makes sense if you completely ignore the entirety of our military’s history and past lessons learned and the fact that a soldier’s NCO has a far greater impact on a soldier than his officer. I also find it odd that you are ok with physical abuse but object to “offensive” cadences that no one takes seriously.
  1. Yes,that is right. Faithless swine. It is infested with them(I hear it wasn’t always like that). I was warning him so he knows what his teams mind frame could be like. He has to back up their actions in the field and cover for their mistakes. Also, risk his life for them sometimes.
    Ok, I get it. The only people who “count” are those who share your faith. Everyone else is some sort of sub-human (yeah, when you dehumanize someone by using a derogatory term to describe them you’re categorizing them as less than human).
  2. WOW! that is NOT what I am talking about. Ask a 11d who went to ft. knox around 09 I know for a fact it was a daily routine for them. They say “Nut-to-butt privates” at least 10 times a day. There will be PLENTY of space they just want to be gay. It is no lie. Tankers had to do it too IDK who all else did.
    No, they are doing there jobs and being Drill Sergeants by maintaining a high level of stress and control over a bunch of know nothing civilians trying to become soldiers. During basic (I was enlisted prior to going to the dark side) we’d show up to a training site with tons of empty bleachers. We’d still do the “squeeze everyone together until they merge into one person” game.
  3. YES THE HECK THEY WILL. WHAT ARMY WERE U IN!?
    The one where I was medically retired with time still left on my obligation and not forced to pay back any college money.
  4. Don’t resort to insults, you were in the army recently enough to know better. You know you are trying to downplay the situation as much as possible. If you were in a scout or infantry unit you definitely know better and you are trying to lead him astray on something that will affect his entire life.
    Unlike you, I was in a cav unit. Twice (first as enlisted, second as an officer). Unlike you, I don’t need to rely on what my cousin told me to know what I am talking about. If you are going to come on here and make wild and inaccurate claims about the military, you better come with more than just what your cousin told you and poorly formed opinions.
Additionally, I really don’t care for the implication that I am a liar. Had I wanted to led the OP astray, I would have told him walk into the recruiters office and just blindly sign any document placed in front of him with no questions asked.
 
This is good…
Better would be the Naval academy, if your able to get in.
Best is the United States Merchant Marine Academy, again, if you can get in. You will graduate an Naval officer but will be able to transfer to ANY branch upon graduation. You will also graduate with an Engineering Degree and the most rounded education one can receive.
This I did not know. That actually sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Standard 5 year obligation like the other academies?
 
I am in the Marine Reserve, and I have to say that there isn’t a lot of faith in the Marine Corps. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t change it. If you go enlisted in the Army or Marines, especially infantry, be prepared for hazing and a relatively unpleasant life. Immorality will be everywhere. But, again, this doesn’t mean you have to give in.

If going officer, it seems like it would be easier to live your faith a bit (again, I am speaking only for Marines). But make no mistake: the military, like society, is relatively godless at the moment (you’ll certainly find some religious people, though). Again, maybe you’ll be able to evangelize in a big way as an officer. What a witness that would be!

As for being ‘nerdy’, there are all types in the military. You’ll likely be just fine.

For just war, I have no idea. Someone else will have to find the evidence. If they ever sent me, I would have went because I am obliged to go, and wouldn’t feel that I was culpable for the just war doctrine. The just war doctrine falls on those leaders who start the war. The troops would become culpable if they were tasked with committing war crimes. At least, I think this is true.

*Also, as far as contracts and deals go, don’t take anyone’s word for it (like the Merchant Marine Academy statement). Find out for sure before you do ANYTHING. And eliminate all preconceived notions of military life. If it is Marines or Army, it will likely be less comfortable than you would imagine.
 
40.png
oldcatholicguy:
Ok… now i know that you know that you are full of it.

11d and 19d who cares which one the point is if you get shot you pay out of pocket for the armor unless you want to wait for it.

and cav scout deployment is a cav scout deployment are you really going to break down literally nothing to me?

You actually basically ignored everything I said and twisted it up and tried to make points based on invalid logic. I could go into more detail about it, but why bother? you know you are full of it just as much as I do.

Ingraining it in our soldiers head that civilian death is acceptable causes us to look really bad (when we kill civilians) and breeds more enemies. That is not offensive to me it is just common sense.

What offends me is people drawing male genitalia everywhere in OSUT while talking about raping and stealing when they get to afghanistan. It is already gay enough with someone yelling “nut-to-butt privates” every two seconds. And the whole time I’m the only one that refuses? Sorry man…not every mans Army. You are supposed to “merge into one body” with your wife not your squad. They didn’t do this until recently by the way. Can we have an option for a unit that does not do stupid stuff like this? It is a gimmick not a training tool. Why try to get everyone to do it naked in line for the shower? Why am I one of the very few people that step out of line when they say it?

can deal with 30 seconds to eat and 2 hours of sleep in the freezing cold doing pushups with shorts on. I can not deal with someone clalling me a “buddy f-r” because I won’t go nut-to-but with him. We can do the pushups please.

Also, I can not deal with not getting what was in my contract, 10 days with my daughter when she was born. Also, can’t deal with not coming home when my brother gets killed but since were not blood related I am expected to go nut-to-butt (and then get called a “Blue Falcon” or buddy f–r for not doing it) and can’t even get a cigarette. My bros brains, meanwhile, are getting scraped off the cement and I can’t even go to the funeral!?

Yeah, you know your full of it right. I was there. I lied about it being a friend telling me the information.

Do you ever wonder why the heck everyone is killing themselves? btw my cousin has multiple combat medals including a purple heart I’m certain he is a reliable source.

Don’t bother responding with some off the wall garbage. You already said “turning nothing civilians into soldiers”. This is a mentality used to enhance the training it is not freaking LITERAL you goon.

You really do lie and twist things up a lot. Trying to justify something?
 
The main reason I lie and say I heard from a friend is because it is embarrassing to say that this is a first hand account. Since you took it there, I won’t let your garbage logic pollute this guys mind. He is making a life-changing decision.
 
Wait wait you were an officer and enlisted…this is just hitting me.

You are probably one of the people I was talking about. Otherwise, you would be one of the people that are mad about it.
 
Ok… now i know that you know that you are full of it.

11d and 19d who cares which one the point is if you get shot you pay out of pocket for the armor unless you want to wait for it.

and cav scout deployment is a cav scout deployment are you really going to break down literally nothing to me?

You actually basically ignored everything I said and twisted it up and tried to make points based on invalid logic. I could go into more detail about it, but why bother? you know you are full of it just as much as I do.

Ingraining it in our soldiers head that civilian death is acceptable causes us to look really bad (when we kill civilians) and breeds more enemies. That is not offensive to me it is just common sense.

What offends me is people drawing male genitalia everywhere in OSUT while talking about raping and stealing when they get to afghanistan. It is already gay enough with someone yelling “nut-to-butt privates” every two seconds. And the whole time I’m the only one that refuses? Sorry man…not every mans Army. You are supposed to “merge into one body” with your wife not your squad. They didn’t do this until recently by the way. Can we have an option for a unit that does not do stupid stuff like this? It is a gimmick not a training tool. Why try to get everyone to do it naked in line for the shower? Why am I one of the very few people that step out of line when they say it?

can deal with 30 seconds to eat and 2 hours of sleep in the freezing cold doing pushups with shorts on. I can not deal with someone clalling me a “buddy f-r” because I won’t go nut-to-but with him. We can do the pushups please.

Also, I can not deal with not getting what was in my contract, 10 days with my daughter when she was born. Also, can’t deal with not coming home when my brother gets killed but since were not blood related I am expected to go nut-to-butt (and then get called a “Blue Falcon” or buddy f–r for not doing it) and can’t even get a cigarette. My bros brains, meanwhile, are getting scraped off the cement and I can’t even go to the funeral!?

Yeah, you know your full of it right. I was there. I lied about it being a friend telling me the information.

Do you ever wonder why the heck everyone is killing themselves? btw my cousin has multiple combat medals including a purple heart I’m certain he is a reliable source.

Don’t bother responding with some off the wall garbage. You already said “turning nothing civilians into soldiers”. This is a mentality used to enhance the training it is not freaking LITERAL you goon.

You really do lie and twist things up a lot. Trying to justify something?
The OP is free to decide who is more creditable-
-a guy who served at all levels (enlisted, NCO, officer), used the ROTC program, was overseas twice, served for close to 10 years on active duty and if not for a medical retirement would still be in

or

-someone who obviously had issues adapting to military life and most likely didn’t make it past his first enlistment or past the rank of Specialist.
 
I figured you would shut up now.

edit : btw did you read my post? wow. Who would willingly adapt to that? You would have to be too scared of the drill sergeants to get out. I saw plenty of people that were like that.

They told them they weren’t going home for Christmas - they started crying. They told them they weren’t going home for Christmas because someone got caught with cigarettes. WHO WOULD BELIEVE THAT?

everyone who graduated that’s who.
 
BTW since you have so much experience you know EVERYTHING I just said is true. You know God knows what you think and why you do things right? Stop justifying things and FIX THEM. Talk to some friends. You know it is wrong.
 
I figured you would shut up now.

edit : btw did you read my post? wow. Who would willingly adapt to that? You would have to be too scared of the drill sergeants to get out. I saw plenty of people that were like that.

They told them they weren’t going home for Christmas - they started crying. They told them they weren’t going home for Christmas because someone got caught with cigarettes. WHO WOULD BELIEVE THAT?

everyone who graduated that’s who.
The reason I didn’t bother to respond to your ramblings is because a) you seem to have trouble understanding how not to lie b) you seem to have some severe emotional and possibly mental issues c) your general lack of maturity and d) unlike you I don’t plan on violating forum rules concerning charity toward others. Now, if you feel you can stop acting like a child and post mature comments I might wish to continue our conversation. Otherwise have a good day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top