Questions regarding a job

  • Thread starter Thread starter McatholicN
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McatholicN

Guest
I got a job taking tickets for an event, and I have a moral question (that I hope will be answered quite soon) regarding it.
  • Am I participating in sin by allowing someone in who is wearing a shirt that is in support of a group that opposes Church teaching?
 
@McatholicN: your job is to enforce the rules set by the organizer of the event (unless they be in themselves objectively unjust). If the organizer of the event allows them, you do not have the power to enforce a different rule.
 
I got a job taking tickets for an event, and I have a moral question (that I hope will be answered quite soon) regarding it.
  • Am I participating in sin by allowing someone in who is wearing a shirt that is in support of a group that opposes Church teaching?
I don’t think so. You cannot make that kind of decision for either your employer or the customer. You are merely managing the tickets at the entrance.
 
You are hired to take tickets, if your employer tells you not to admit certain people over a dress code then you have to enforce it. If not, your job is to take tickets.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top