Quo Vadis?

• Thread starter Thread starter mlchance
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mlchance

The Democratic Party is still reeling from November’s election results. Party leaders are doing some soul searching in an attempt to understand why they did not regain the presidency and why they continue to lose seats in Congress. John Kerry recently acknowledged that the party has “to find a way to bring right-to-life Democrats back into the Democratic Party.” The idea that the party has lost touch with a majority of Americans is a bitter pill for Democratic leaders to swallow, but the facts can be ignored for only so long. The question is, just what is the soul of the party? Is it a party that stands for rejecting traditional moral values and mining the deep pockets of the abortion lobby, or is there room for men and women guided by a sense of moral responsibility to the unborn and the institution of marriage?

Words are cheap. However, watch when the Democratic National Committee elects a new chairman next month. Two prominent candidates are vying for the position, each with very different ideas about the party’s direction. Howard Dean, the pro-abortionist who famously screamed his way to defeat in the Democratic primary last year; and Tim Roemer, a former congressman from Indiana who had a consistent pro-life voting record and speaks openly about his pro-life principles. Dean has said the party should change its language on abortion but remain committed to its platform of abortion on demand. Roemer recommends “moderate” changes in policy. Regardless of the choice, the American people will recognize the difference between lip service and genuine reform. Cosmetics won’t accomplish anything.

– Mark L. Chance.

Is it wrong of me to enjoy watching them[liberal dems] squirm like dying mice under a cement block? 😉

40.png
TheGarg:
Is it wrong of me to enjoy watching them[liberal dems] squirm like dying mice under a cement block? 😉
Well, if they are under the cement block, you can’t actually see them now, can you? Additionally, mice seldom squirm under a cement block, they just get squished.

…Tim Roemer, a former congressman from Indiana who had a consistent pro-life voting record and speaks openly about his pro-life principles.
Which only begs the question, why on earth has he remained a member of the pro-death party? :ehh:

Watch for the emergence of a new third party within the next couple of decades; it’ll be a party that espouses the progressive principles of aid for the poor, government-sponsored health care, environmental protection, and a soft tread regarding foreign policy, but will reject the current hardcore Democratic planks of abortion and legitimization of sexual abberations.

I suspect once it has emerged, it will replace the Democratic Party very quickly. It’s happened before, of course; the Republican Party quickly replaced the Whig Party during the 1850’s, for example.

40.png
Wolseley:
Watch for the emergence of a new third party within the next couple of decades; it’ll be a party that espouses the progressive principles of aid for the poor, government-sponsored health care, environmental protection, and a soft tread regarding foreign policy, but will reject the current hardcore Democratic planks of abortion and legitimization of sexual abberations.

I suspect once it has emerged, it will replace the Democratic Party very quickly. It’s happened before, of course; the Republican Party quickly replaced the Whig Party during the 1850’s, for example.
I believe you are right. The Democrat Party has become a patch work quilt of special interest groups most notably the feminists and pro-abortionists. With their loss of power they cannot service their other constuient groups (i.e. labor, NAACP, etc…). The quilt will start to unravel. At that point you might see a new party emerge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back