Race vs Catholic

  • Thread starter Thread starter Conspiracy_Theorist
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Conspiracy_Theorist

Guest
In case if you have children and get marriage proposal from: (a). A Catholic but from different race; or (b). A non-Catholic but from same race. So, what do you take on the situation?
 
Last edited:
Practicality speaking, there’re still a lot of racist who accentuating race over their Catholicism. So, I wonder what’s behind all of this?
 
Racists are usually closeted these days. If they would have something to say about another’s relationship, they’d better do it online. Unless they’re not in America. Then they’ll probably be thrown in jail, which is deserving.
 
I don’t personally care what race ethnicity or national origin I’m with, because of my own mixed background, it would be kind of stupid of me to be a racist.
 
Why should it matter what race they are or even what their religion is? I personally wouldn’t mind if my spouse was of a different race and religion.
 
Well, religion should matter because Christians aren’t supposed to marry outside of the faith. It’s scriptural. The only exception is if you were a non-Christian and got married before converting, then your marriage lasts as long as the non-Christian spouse desires it to last.
 
Personally, as long as my spouse is accepting of the fact that the kids are going to be raised Catholic, it wouldn’t matter to me what religion they practiced. I may be wrong, but I think the part about not marrying non-Christians is mostly about making sure the kids are raised Christian.
 
Hi, thank you for the asnwers. This is a real problem for Catholic minority living in certain monoethnic country. What really bother me the most when one start to whispering about Crusader, etc.
 
Race’s custom still play important thing in the family life. We can’t denying that. It’s merely because some people won’t share their property to visually inferior group of people.
I think that is due more to culture than religion. Race isn’t important in American culture as much as the media would like the world to think. I have members of my family from all races.

I don’t know what you mean by it’s because some people don’t share their property. I don’t see anyone as inferior so again, I don’t know what you mean.
 
Well, I’m not sure. I definitely wouldn’t make a decision like that based on someone’s race, because I don’t value one race over another, but someone being Catholic or non-Catholic doesn’t tell me much that matters to me either, personally.
 
Last edited:
In the modern world, or most of the western world, one does not “get marriage proposal” from strangers. Someone proposes marriage after they have become your friend, after dating and discerning marriage.

If you were dating a person of another race, I cannot fathom why their marriage proposal would be rebuffed over race.

I would advise my friend to date and marry those with whom they share the same core values, the same Faith.
 
there’re still a lot of racist who accentuating race over their Catholicism.
There are Catholics who commit all sorts of sin, including the sin of racism. Those who commit the sin of racism would not be romantically interested in persons of another race anyway.
 
Simplest question on this board all day — Catholic from a different race.

It’s so obvious that I hesitate even to reiterate it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top