Radio Interview on how to Witness to the Jehovah's Witnesses

• Thread starter Thread starter jschwehm
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jschwehm

Hi Gang:

I will be interviewed on “Morning Air with Jeff Cavins” on Monday June 7th at 7AM central time.

The topic will be my conversion to the Catholic Church from the Jehovah’s Witnesses (JWs) and how to dialogue with the JWs when they come to your door.

You can listen on-line at www.relevantradio.com

40.png
jschwehm:
Hi Gang:

I will be interviewed on “Morning Air with Jeff Cavins” on Monday June 7th at 7AM central time.

The topic will be my conversion to the Catholic Church from the Jehovah’s Witnesses (JWs) and how to dialogue with the JWs when they come to your door.

You can listen on-line at www.relevantradio.com
Thanks for sharing. I would love to listen to it as my aunt is a JW and we have a hard time talking about our differences.

I thought I knew most of the JW tactics but I have to admit the last ones to stop by about a month ago really threw me for a loop. I usually try to engage in a polite dialogue in an effort to get some authentic Catholic teachings into their brain, but the last time they just made me laugh.

“You know what Jesus’ other name is, don’t you?” they asked.

“Of course. It’s God.”

“No, no, no,” the JW said to me, with a look of disgust. “You know what it is.”

“Uh, Son of God?” I asked.

“No!” he said, really frustrated with me. “It’s Michael.”

“Where are you getting that from?” I asked. That was the first time I ever heard that.

Then he turned to Revelation and showed me the passage (I can’t remember the exact chapter and verse right now.) where Michael the Archangel cast Satan out of Heaven forever.

“That’s Michael the Archangel,” I told him.

“No it’s not, it’s Jesus.”

And that was when I just started laughing.

“Show me where it says that Michael equals Jesus.”

He, of course, couldn’t.

I usually try not to make poke fun at JW’s because they really seem to have been misled, but that seemed so out there I just had to laugh.

Anyway, good luck on your interview. I’ll definitely try to remember to tune in online.

-Greg the terrible apologist

Sorry, but I don’t know about Relevant Radio. Can I hear your interview online when it’s scheduled and anytime thereafter, or only at its scheduled time? Good luck! Great opportunity for you to witness to the Truth.

I think a good strategy to have JWs walk away is to be busy with a baby when they knock at the door.

One Saturday when my son was just under a year old I was on the way to hear Scott Hahn give a presentation (ironically enough). My wife was at home with my son when the JWs showed up. It was still early and all she had one was sweats and a t-shirt. My son still had his PJs on.

When they saw her, one of them said, ‘Oh, it looks like you’re busy. We’ll come back some other time.’

They never did.

Oh, and if they offer you literature–take it and as many as you can get. Then shred it. That will be less literature to get into the hands of those who might be swayed by it.

When I was one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, I used to dread having to put the Watchtower Society’s spin on an otherwise straightforward text. Like the scripture at Matthew 8:11, 12 where Jesus was telling his audience that the Gentiles would be invited into the kingdom, replacing the unbelieving Jews. This is what he said: palos verdes taxi Ski Holidays Europe “But I tell you that many from eastern parts and western parts will come and recline at the table with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of the heavens; whereas the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the darkness outside.” (NWT) Trying to fit that simple statement into the Society’s two-part doctrine of an earthly class and a heavenly class was like trying to fit a size 10 body into a size 2 dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back