RC Bibles with sewn binding

  • Thread starter Thread starter melbanglican
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

melbanglican

Guest
Hello all,

I’m looking for a Revised Standard Version/New Revised Standard Version CE with a sewn binding. I have a couple of Baronius Press volumes (a gorgeous D-R Bible & a D-R NT & Psalms) which are sewn, but I need one of the Bibles mentioned first up to replace a greatly-loved glued NRSV-CE which is falling apart!:crying:

I notice St Benedict Press do a range of such things, but I’m not sure about their bindings. Can anyone advise me on this matter?
 
My daily use Bible is a sewn RSV-CE with zippered cover (bonded) from Oxford/Ignatius.

ignatius.com/IProducts/23883/ignatius-bible-compact.aspx

I like this bible because I sometimes travel and the zippered cover keeps it from getting tattered.

-Tim-
Many thanks for that, Tim.👍 Since I first read your reply, I’ve been checking out this and other options. However, this, or the Pacific Duvelle covered equivalent, are the best options. Thanks so much!
 
A search function should show that there’s a couple informing threads on this matter. I believe I started one myself. Search quality Catholic Bibles. There’s are some very good ones but hard to find. I’d search it myself for you but I’m in a hurry to get out the door and I’m typing on my phone.
 
Hello all,

I’m looking for a Revised Standard Version/New Revised Standard Version CE with a sewn binding. I have a couple of Baronius Press volumes (a gorgeous D-R Bible & a D-R NT & Psalms) which are sewn, but I need one of the Bibles mentioned first up to replace a greatly-loved glued NRSV-CE which is falling apart!:crying:

I notice St Benedict Press do a range of such things, but I’m not sure about their bindings. Can anyone advise me on this matter?
The NRSV-CE Thinline from HarperCollins has a sewn binding:
amazon.com/Go-Anywhere-Thinline-Catholic-Bonded-Leather/dp/006204835X/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1314225312&sr=8-1
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top