RCIA and flu

  • Thread starter Thread starter IneedGod
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IneedGod

Guest
Its that time of year and the bug is going around. Sad to say It found me.
I didnt go to mass yesterday because I didnt want to disturb it with coughing and I didnt want to spread it to others.

I have my 4th RCIA tonight, I really hate to miss it but again I dont want to spread it to others.
Should I go anyway? I dont feel right missing it but I dont feel right going either.
Give me some (name removed by moderator)ut please and thank you…
 
If its really flu you got then I am suprised you are even asking because all you be able to do is think about your bed. Even mild flu, you would know that it be physically very difficult to go and sit through especially if you had got through the day. When I last had mild flu I made it to uni lectures and staggard up to my digs and curled up in bed wishing for sleep. 🙂

If its a bad cold then that is kind of up to you to think about it. I personally would go and the Priest or whoever is taking the RCIA class will take one look at you and suggest home or it may actually do you good to be out a few hours. At the same time they will know why you weren’t in church yesterday. You’d gain more respect for going though no one will actually say so 🙂

Back in March I had a bad cold and sniffled my way through the service though being a server I wasn’t sat next to anyone but the priest. I felt guilty though because two weeks later he had it and when I was chatting to him about another thing I guiltily mentioned my cold which he’d smoothly passed off that his Son has it and that was actually true enough. Because of my immunity issues I was affected by sitting next to him that hr though he did his best and luckily we were outdoors being a glorious day. I didn’t miss anything through that bad cold and the Priest had the same one and he didn’t miss anything. If its a bad cold you got, you will do well to turn up as already suggested it will gain you more respect and when you really are ill, they will be supportive when you miss. Trust me there with having immuity issues myself:)
 
I guess it could be just a bad cold. I dont feel to horrible. Just cough, sneeze, watery eyes and low grade fever off and on. I got nevous since the person I most likely got it from said they got really sick.

If I stay feeling as I do now I think I will go. I think I could do it. I just hate to pass it on.
 
There must be times when participants in RCIA are very ill and definitely cannot make it to a meeting. Surely there are plans set in place as to how a person can make up the class they missed. And when a participant cannot attend they should call the person in charge so that they know it was not just negligence.
 
No. Do not go and infect people.

Simply call the RCIA instructor and tell them you have a cold and will be unable to attend this week.
 
To keep your ill soma out of situations where others might get infected is, in fact, an act of mercy.

Don’t worry, so lengthy a program as the RCIA will have rubrics for making up missed instruction.

ICXC NIKA
 
Thank you all,
I hate missing it and it makes me feel guilty but I would rather that than cause the others to get sick.
 
If you have a fever, even one that comes and goes, you shouldn’t go anywhere around other people unless it is an absolute necessity. If you are likely to cough or sneeze more than ~4 times in an hour, your coughing and sneezing is likely to either infect someone else or make the people around you very uncomfortable. If your nose is always running, the same is true. If you infect someone in your class, not only might it cause complications or interfere with their lives, but it might also cause THEM to miss the class next week. You missing this week is simply an act of consideration to those around you.
 
Ring whoever is taken it and apologise. Ask if there is anything you can be reading for the time being, or ask whatever it is you scheduled to be discussing so you can write your thoughts down in a diary so when you do get to go next you can show that you’re committed. If they don’t tell you and just encourage you to get better then accept that too. 🙂
Its horrid isn’t it when someone says how bad they got it. I do understand the question because the slighest sign of a cold because I don’t have a spleen, I am meant to go to my doctor and if I can’t see them then I have strict instructions to go to A&E informing them of my condition. I always have half a day trying to work out if I do have a cold when coming down with one…

But since being given that instruction I have missed very little and sometimes because I have that feeling I would be always missing if I stayed away with colds. Luckily when I am Serving I am often on my own on the Altar Pew I sit at so very little chance of passing it on. Its people who give it me 😉 because I only have to be with them 15 minutes or so and I’ve get it 🤷 Its pointless trying to protect myself because I would never get out.:eek:

Take care and remember to drink lots of water. It does help
 
I’m entering RCIA this fall and won’t be able to make any of the classes for the first few months. I’m guessing it’s not too big a deal if you miss one class.
 
If you are sick, stay home. I know if I was in their shoes, I wouldn’t want you around. It’s best to call wherever you are going for it and let them know you are unable to attend. Protecting others should always be the priority. You can always find out what you missed and if possible arrange a make up session.
 
Please, if you have a low grade fever stay home. Like others have said just call and let them know.

Welcome Home!
 
Call in sick. You can ask for the instructor to give you instructions for “make-up” work, but don’t make the whole class sick.
 
I guess it could be just a bad cold. I dont feel to horrible. Just cough, sneeze, watery eyes and low grade fever off and on. I got nevous since the person I most likely got it from said they got really sick.

If I stay feeling as I do now I think I will go. I think I could do it. I just hate to pass it on.
No. **Do not go and infect people.
**
Simply call the RCIA instructor and tell them you have a cold and will be unable to attend this week.
👍
 
I made the call earlier and they were very understanding. They would set up a make up for me on it.
Yes I did think that perhaps if I went it might cause half the class to miss next time.
Thanks for your responces. I appreciate the advice!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top