RCIA

  • Thread starter Thread starter pro_multis
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Br. Rich-

In my experience, limited I admit, the catechumenate, (more correctly the periods of pre-catechumenate/inquiry, catechumenate, purification and enlightenment, and mystagogy), but not the RCIA, is part of the Latin Church and ECCs, as well as the Orthodox. This happened to come up today in a class I’m in, taught by a EC priest with mainly Latin Church students. He was not comfortable with using “RCIA” to talk about the the periods of pre-catechumenate, catechumenate, purification and enlightenment, and mystagogy in the East. I observe also that the Rites described in the Rites book of RCIA are connected to the Roman Missal.

Pax et bonum- Mary
This seems to reflect my previous understanding, that the particular Rites in RCIA are tailored to the Latin Rite. From doing some digging it does not appear to be the normative route in Eastern Catholicism, but not unheard of either.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top