W
Will8503
Guest
Hi, does anyone know if there are priests who can do this today? I know St, Pio of Pietrelcina could.
Is he still around?I knew a priest like this a number of years ago. He was/is a priest of Opus Dei. I’m not sure if he’s still living or where he might be now.
One time there was a lady in his confession line who was suffering very much because a loved one had committed suicide and she feared for his salvation. He came out of the confessional, walked up to her, and said, “He’s saved.” When her turn came, he spoke to her at length about it.
For regular people like me, he would sometimes remind you of something by asking a question. For example, “Is your mother-in-law making you nuts?”
Betsy
Do you remember his name? He would probably be easy for you to look up.Come to think of it, I’m sure we would have heard if he had died, so I’ll assume he is still with us, since I don’t recall hearing that. I don’t know where he’s stationed now.
Betsy
It is a gift whereby a priest can know the state of a person’s soul, and sometimes specific sins that need to be confessed, before the person confesses them. The penitent still has to acknowledge guilt.What is reading souls in confession and how can it be valid?![]()
I think it would be easier for me to make a confession.There are, I’m sure, more than you would imagine who have this gift. Fulton Sheen is another very famous one who had the gift in recent times. These men generally are very humble people. I’ve known a few who say things that make me think they can see into my soul, which is slightly disturbing, but comforting at the same time?![]()
Sure. It certainly is. For some reason I felt more comfortable.I think it would be easier for me to make a confession.