Reality Show

• Thread starter Thread starter ralphinal
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ralphinal

Please read all of this before you decide. There is to be a new reality show. The prize is $10 million for anyone who finishes (not one winner, but anyone). There are no special elimination challenges or voting. All that you have to do is survive from July 1, 2004, to June 30, 2005, at a location one mile north of the Arctic Circle. To enter, you must chose one of two options. Option one: you get a copy of the US Military Arctic Survival Guide and nothing else. Option two: you get the same book as well as cold weather gear, camping gear, hunting and fishing suplies, as well as two Inuit guides and a team leader that is the head of the military’s Arctic Training program, but in this option anything that the team leader says is the law if it relates to issues of survival (in other words, what he says goes when it comes to getting through this). You pick, option one or two, and tell me why…

Excellent, why would anyone risk it alone, when there is a choice?

I seek the help of the experts when making life (and everlasting life) decisions. I know the survival manual (Bible) is available, but isn’t it more useful, and safer, to consult the experts before trying to interpret it’s meanings. I’ll take the safety tools and those that can teach me to us them.

Option One. I want to prance around the North Pole in the nude.

40.png
ralphinal:
Please read all of this before you decide. There is to be a new reality show. The prize is $10 million for anyone who finishes (not one winner, but anyone). There are no special elimination challenges or voting. All that you have to do is survive from July 1, 2004, to June 30, 2005, at a location one mile north of the Arctic Circle. To enter, you must chose one of two options. Option one: you get a copy of the US Military Arctic Survival Guide and nothing else. Option two: you get the same book as well as cold weather gear, camping gear, hunting and fishing suplies, as well as two Inuit guides and a team leader that is the head of the military’s Arctic Training program, but in this option anything that the team leader says is the law if it relates to issues of survival (in other words, what he says goes when it comes to getting through this). You pick, option one or two, and tell me why…
Excellent lesson in apologetics, my friend. Point well-made. 👍

Thank you, Barrister. I’m embarassed to say I didn’t “get it.” Too bad there’s no Homer Simpson smiley saying “Doh!”

Debbie

I left it a little vague so that the arguements would not begin. It is simply by the book alone or with the book, tradition, teaching athority, and survival gear (sacraments)…

Alone = Protestant way, dependant upon private revelation and guesswork, sometimes learned and sometimes not, as to what God said and what it means. Maybe you’ll find the right way, maybe you’ll die.

Authority - the One True Church is our guide.

I’ll go with the guide. 😃

This is my first ever post on anything, so be kind if I mess up!!

raphinal,

This is brilliant. May I use it with my RCIA class?

Well done Delly. Welcome to the forum. Learn, teach, share and enjoy. :clapping:

Thanks Bud Stewart. I am always looking for new ways to teach and share in the RCIA. I am the lay pastoral associate at our parish for 9 years. This is a full time position as our priest cannot do everything in this 2 priest parish. I am also the DRE. I love sharing my faith and always look to Catholic Answers for assistance each year.

Dear Ralphinal,

Now that I’ve had a chance to think over your reality show, is there any symbolism attached to the “articles” available in Option #2?

Debbie :hmmm:

When I thought about this, I knew that there had to be five things. First, the book of how to survive (Bible). Second, oral tradition handed down from those who did it before represented by the Inuits (Tradition of the CHurch). Third, teaching authority (Magistarium). Fourth, recognition of the primacy of the head teacher (Pope and Papal Infallibility). Finally, the sacraments had to be shown. The sacraments feed our soul, protect us from evil, allow us to restore us to the good graces of God, and make us stronger Christians and more likely to make it to the end. Tha tis where the gear came from. We also have the sacramentals.

I live a bit below the arctic circle and I say: what a stupid idea hahahaha! I know what these arctic winters are like and I’d rather pass over the $10 million.

40.png
ralphinal:
…oral tradition handed down from those who did it before represented by the Inuits (Tradition of the CHurch).
Aaaahh, thank you! I was thrown off by the Inuits (admittedly not too hard to do!), and wondered if each piece of equipment represented something. Enjoyed it!

God bless,

Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back