Reasons to go to daily Mass

• Thread starter Thread starter NateHarburg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NateHarburg

Here are 10 great reasons to go to Mass frequently, even daily if possible. Can you think of any more great reasons besides these?
** **10. Pray with Power! **St. Bernard (1090-1153) says, “One merits more by devoutly assisting at a Holy Mass than by distributing all of his goods to the poor and traveling all over the world on pilgrimage.” St. Peter Julian Eymard says, “Know, O Christian, that the Mass is the holiest act of Religion. You cannot do anything to glorify God more nor profit your soul more than devoutly assisting at It, and assisting as often as possible.” Our Pope knows this, and encourages frequent communion.

9. Become a Witness! Would you consider yourself a 'witness of hope’? The Pope says that the Eucharist "…enables us to become, for everyone, witnesses of hope (Ecclesia de Eucharistia).”

8. Save the World! “Through the liturgy Christ, our redeemer and high priest, continues the work of our redemption in, with, and **through **His Church (CCC 1069).” Scott Hahn says, "God wills that you and I should play an indispensable role in salvation history (The Lamb’s Supper, 138).” Want to save unborn babies and their Mothers? Receive and adore the Eucharist for them. Our Eucharistic Lord, infinitely powerful, is the key to ending the abortion holocaust, perpetrated by mighty-but not almighty-evil spirits!

**7. Visit Heaven on Earth! ** Mass is a preview, or foretaste, of heaven. John Paul II says that the Mass is “heaven on earth,” and that, “the liturgy we celebrate on earth is a mysterious participation in the heavenly liturgy (Angelus Address, Nov. 3, 1996).” Mary, the saints, the angels, they’re all there at every Mass!

6. Love More Perfectly! “As bodily nourishment restores lost strength, so the Eucharist strengthens our charity, which tends to be weakened in daily life; and this living charity wipes away venial sins (CCC 1394).” Look to the Saints. They went to Mass often, and were empowered by Jesus in the Eucharist to love others heroically! To learn how to love, go to the source of all love: Jesus.

5. Kick that Sin Habit!* “Holy Communion separates us from sin*…the Eucharist cannot unite us to Christ without at the same time cleansing us from past sins and preserving us from future sins…(CCC 1392)”The Eucharist is the ultimate antidote to the temptations of the World, the Flesh, and Satan.

**4. Rescue Holy Souls! **St. Bonaventure says, “Oh Christian souls, do you wish to prove your true love towards your dead? Do you wish to send them the most precious help and golden key to Heaven? Receive Holy Communion often for the repose of their souls.”They will remember us if we go to Purgatory!

3. Prove your love! In a love relationship**,** we must spend time with the beloved.** “**Because Christ himself is present in the sacrament of the altar, he is to be honored with the worship of adoration. ‘To visit the Blessed Sacrament is . . . a proof of gratitude, an expression of love, and a duty of adoration toward Christ our Lord’ (Paul VI, *MF *66) (CCC 1418).” Our Pope says, “Jesus waits for us in this sacrament of love.”

**2. Get Fed! ** “The Lord addresses an invitation to us, urging us to receive him in the sacrament of the Eucharist: "Truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you (CCC 1384).” We feed or bodies daily, should we not feed our souls as often?

**1. Abide in Jesus! ** “The principal fruit of receiving the Eucharist in Holy Communion is an intimate union with Christ Jesus (CCC 1391).” Jesus said: "I am the living bread that came down from heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live for ever; . . . he who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life and . . . abides in Me, and I in him (*Jn *6:51, 54, 56).”

If someone offered you 1,000 dollars for coming and meeting for a half hour, there are not many people in this world that wouldn’t show up. Why won’t people show up when it is Christ himself who is that treasure, the greatest gift of all?

What better way to start your day?

Gathering with God’s friends on earth and in heaven. . .
hearing the Holy Scripture read and expounded:amen: . . . uniting with Jesus in His ultimate Sacrifice:bowdown: . . . and
allowing Him to enter one’s body in all His Fullness . . . WOW! :love:

I would really love to go to daily Mass but I would have to ask my husband for permission and I am working on getting up the courage. Please pray for me.

Why do you have to ask hubby’s permission? I’ve never heard of that. That sounds like a red flag to me, have you talked to anyone about his controlling attitude? That sounds like signs of abuse to me. Your priest might have some good advise…

Thank you Nate . I needed that. I’ve been coming daily since I entered the church this April.

Recently however, I started to wonder whether I should continue. My husband who is not a christian and really anti-catholic put a seed of doubt in my mind when he made the comment that the priest was probably embarrased to see me there every day.

I will pray for you Kmmd, don’t give up.

Kmmd-

I feel your pain in deeply desiring, but not being able to attend daily Mass for whatever reason (work, child care, transportation, are all reasons that have prevented me in the past). White Dove had great advise – talk with your priest. Meanwhile, find a time when you can get quiet, if possible at a time when you know that Holy Mass is being celebrated somewhere. Pray in your heart with and for those at Mass, meditate on the scripture for that day, and/or say a rosary, and be sure to tell our Lord how much you love Him and desire to be like Him and to receive Him. He is faithful and will respond. And don’t forget to call on His Mother for help, too. I’ll be praying for you.

40.png
kmmd:
I would really love to go to daily Mass but I would have to ask my husband for permission and I am working on getting up the courage. Please pray for me.
I empathise with you completely. Prayers promised for you.

40.png
WhiteDove:
Why do you have to ask hubby’s permission? I’ve never heard of that. That sounds like a red flag to me, have you talked to anyone about his controlling attitude? That sounds like signs of abuse to me. Your priest might have some good advise…
Please don’t jump to conclusions. Every marriage has its difficulties and each partner their personality quirks.

My husband owns a business and I manage it for him. The only Mass out side of Sunday is at 9 am and it is 20 minutes away so it would be more than an hour out of the work day, when I often need to be supervising my employees. He is not an orge but he does think that I overdo this religious stuff and he worrys a lot about the business. God is definitely working on his heart, I can see that and I know it will be a matter of time before he has a conversion as well.

Thank you all for your prayers. God Bless you.

Dear Kmmd,
I’m glad to hear it isn’t as bad as it sounded by your comment. God bless you and your marriage.
Sincerely, WhiteDove

Daily mass is a great way to start the day. I find that I am more organized and effective the rest of the day if I take time for daily mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back