H
hannajomar
Guest
I think there are two options to rebuilding trust:
The person who did the betraying acts more trustworthy.
The person who was betrayed trusts more.
In most cases, probably a combination of the two are needed.
This reminds me of a profound conversation in an otherwise throw-away movie, Don’t Tell Mom, the Baby-sitter’s Dead. An upper-teenage boy and girl are dating, but he is becoming frustrated because she is being secretive.
Their conversation goes something like this:
boy: Why won’t you tell me where you work?
girl: I just don’t want to, alright?
boy: Why won’t you tell me?
girl: Why are you so nosy?
boy: I wouldn’t be so nosy if you weren’t so secretive.
girl: Well, I would tell you more if you didn’t want to know so much.
The person who did the betraying acts more trustworthy.
The person who was betrayed trusts more.
In most cases, probably a combination of the two are needed.
This reminds me of a profound conversation in an otherwise throw-away movie, Don’t Tell Mom, the Baby-sitter’s Dead. An upper-teenage boy and girl are dating, but he is becoming frustrated because she is being secretive.
Their conversation goes something like this:
boy: Why won’t you tell me where you work?
girl: I just don’t want to, alright?
boy: Why won’t you tell me?
girl: Why are you so nosy?
boy: I wouldn’t be so nosy if you weren’t so secretive.
girl: Well, I would tell you more if you didn’t want to know so much.