B
BTypical
Guest
I am currently barred from receiving the Eucharist due to my marital situation (civilly remarried but still waiting on the annulment), and have been advised that this means I’m also barred from receiving absolution. That makes sense with respect to issues related to my marriage, but can someone explain to me why I’m also barred from receiving absolution for sins unrelated to my marriage?
As an example, confessing/requesting absolution for a sin related to something that happened at my job. I’m well aware that said absolution, if received, would not re-admit me to the Eucharist. But it would seem that the Church would want me to at least get that sort of thing settled while I’m working to resolve the other one.
TIA for your insights.
As an example, confessing/requesting absolution for a sin related to something that happened at my job. I’m well aware that said absolution, if received, would not re-admit me to the Eucharist. But it would seem that the Church would want me to at least get that sort of thing settled while I’m working to resolve the other one.
TIA for your insights.